Defensive Carry banner

M590a1 or ak47 or SKS?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CZRex 
#1 ·
I have an m590a1 with ghost ring sights, speedloader stock, heavy barrel and 8+1 capacity. I'm thinking about selling/trading it for an ak or SKS? Talk me into it or talk me out of it. What would be an even swap? Am entertaining 7.62/39 due to power and costs. The Mossy is a blast to shoot with 2.75's and accurate with slugs out to 100 yards. Yep, 100 yards. This would be for defense purposes and target shooting....and SHTF scenarios.

#2 ·
How is your home configured? Where is it located? Anyone else in the house with you? Your Mossy is among the most dependable, versatile, effective HD/SD tools in existence. What ever (per round) savings you might enjoy from a 7.62x39 will be MORE than chewed-up by an itchy trigger-finger. Keep your 590A1 and buy a nice .22 rifle for trigger-time practice & target work. If SHTF becomes a reality, you're gonna' need one anyway.

Reactions: pgrass101
#3 ·
Ghost tracker is right keep the 590. in a true SHTF there will be more 12ga rounds floating around the US than 7.62x39. Plus you can very your shot size and use the 590 on more types of game. With and AK you can kill and eat a deer or vaproize a squirrel, with the 590 you can kill and eat both

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.