M590a1 or ak47 or SKS?

M590a1 or ak47 or SKS?

This is a discussion on M590a1 or ak47 or SKS? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have an m590a1 with ghost ring sights, speedloader stock, heavy barrel and 8+1 capacity. I'm thinking about selling/trading it for an ak or SKS? ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: M590a1 or ak47 or SKS?

M590a1 or ak47 or SKS?

I have an m590a1 with ghost ring sights, speedloader stock, heavy barrel and 8+1 capacity. I'm thinking about selling/trading it for an ak or SKS? Talk me into it or talk me out of it. What would be an even swap? Am entertaining 7.62/39 due to power and costs. The Mossy is a blast to shoot with 2.75's and accurate with slugs out to 100 yards. Yep, 100 yards. This would be for defense purposes and target shooting....and SHTF scenarios.

How is your home configured? Where is it located? Anyone else in the house with you? Your Mossy is among the most dependable, versatile, effective HD/SD tools in existence. What ever (per round) savings you might enjoy from a 7.62x39 will be MORE than chewed-up by an itchy trigger-finger. Keep your 590A1 and buy a nice .22 rifle for trigger-time practice & target work. If SHTF becomes a reality, you're gonna' need one anyway.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Moderator
    Ghost tracker is right keep the 590. in a true SHTF there will be more 12ga rounds floating around the US than 7.62x39. Plus you can very your shot size and use the 590 on more types of game. With and AK you can kill and eat a deer or vaproize a squirrel, with the 590 you can kill and eat both
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Good advice. I'm wondering if trade "boredom" is influencing me. G'tracker, I have a Marlin 60 and a Rossi 62, so I'm covered there. The Marlin is the most fun to shoot weapon I have, other than the Mossy beast with 2.75's.

Links