Mossberg Forearm grip....

This is a discussion on Mossberg Forearm grip.... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently bought a Mossberg 500 Cruiser and was about to purchase a forearm (front) pistol grip when i read under one description for a ...

Thread: Mossberg Forearm grip....

Mossberg Forearm grip....

I recently bought a Mossberg 500 Cruiser and was about to purchase a forearm (front) pistol grip when i read under one description for a Tacstar that it may not fit on models after 2006. I checked a Pachmyer version and it said the same thing. I checked for a "castle nut" but i'm not real sure on what it is i'm supposed to be looking for. Anyone know offhand what i'm talking about? Any help would be appreciated before i go and spend money on something that may not fit?
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

2. Remove Ads

Nevermind. Mossberg CS just said my serial number does have a castle nut and it will accept the grip.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I got bit by that caveat myself. I ended up with one of the 500s that doesn't have the castle nut on the front of the fore grip and so I make do with the factory fore grip. What they did was start using the fore grip of the maverick 88 on some of the 500s. I did go with the adjustable butt stock and that's all I really wanted anyway.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Links