Problem black bear/mosin ammo suggestions - Page 3

Problem black bear/mosin ammo suggestions

This is a discussion on Problem black bear/mosin ammo suggestions within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would call the dnr and ask for a warden to stop by. Keep your rifle put away ask about "nonlethal" ways to keep the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Problem black bear/mosin ammo suggestions

I would call the dnr and ask for a warden to stop by. Keep your rifle put away ask about "nonlethal" ways to keep the bears out of the area. I would hope that talking to and showing the warden what is happening would get better results than talking to one of the phone operators. I would also talk to the owner of the park about how it puts the rest of the occupants at risk and a bad/good lawyer might go after him for his negligence. After all laywers are more dangerous then bears!! You might also call the sheriff and see what they recommend and ask who you should call if you see the bear again again. Do you have a trail cam you could set up? Just be careful so you don't become the bad guy in this whole thing.

lighiting 50 pack packages of firecrackers when you know he's around, will work. He won't like all of that noise, and began to avoid coming around.

May take wild-life agency permission, but some food that is drugged with a good knock out drug..... and then taken to where he's not a pest anymore would work.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    ... I made another bottle, this one has jalapeno chunks in it mixed with vodka and whiskey. Hell in a bottle.
    Man, I hope you used cheap whiskey! Hate to think of wasting the good stuff on a bear!

Regards,
    Jim

Another good link to Black Bear Anatomy

Its back...was hooking up my camper last night and it lumbered across the yard. Good news is that i just bought my 12 ga ive been dying for. Any suggestions? I think im gonna get a tag. No idea what id do with it once its shot. What DO you do with a bear besides make a hat with face ears and tail?

I used Cluny whiskey BTW. Good stuff, not so expensive.

Wow, I tried to do a quick google search to find out the laws on shooting a nuisance bear and the DNR almost goes out of its way not to mention bears in any of its publications. I did find one that said you could apply for a special permit to shoot the bear but it says that it won't be issued unless all other trapping and abatement methods have failed. The publication is a PDF that looks geared towards farmers and it makes mention of a DNR application to "shoot bear causing damage" form 2300-219 revised 7-95 but I cant for the life of my find that form. Best of luck!
    Molon Labe

Well, its bear season now. So thats an easy fix. Now watch him disappear when i buy the tag.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Its back...was hooking up my camper last night and it lumbered across the yard. Good news is that i just bought my 12 ga ive been dying for. Any suggestions? I think im gonna get a tag. No idea what id do with it once its shot. What DO you do with a bear besides make a hat with face ears and tail?

I used Cluny whiskey BTW. Good stuff, not so expensive.
    You make a rug out of the pelt, and you EAT the rest.....Butter and bacon fat make everything tasty.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You make a rug out of the pelt, and you EAT the rest.....Butter and bacon fat make everything tasty.....
    or some furry undies

Keep something handy that you can use to take pictures. That way if you do have to shoot it you have proof that it's been there before. I would also keep calling the DNR just to cover your behind. I worry about the DNR's attitude and have as much proof as possiable that you were worried about you and your family. If. You get the wrong warden you will want something to back up the fact you asked for help and received none and therefore you did what you had to to protect your family.

With that I would get some good slugs and keep your new toy handy!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links