Windham Weaponry AR-15's

This is a discussion on Windham Weaponry AR-15's within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Windham Weaponry AR-15's

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    548

    Windham Weaponry AR-15's

    Flatline74 likes this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Array whoppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    1,173
    Nice review... WW is just a few miles away from me and I, for one, am glad to see those folks back in the business :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------

  4. #3
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Nice review... WW is just a few miles away from me and I, for one, am glad to see those folks back in the business :)
    Having met them and talked with them at the NRA show this year, I'm convinced they are good folks who are dead set on making one of the best AR's out there. I think they're off to a good start and I wish them the best of luck. I'm impressed with the quality of these two rifles.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    7,862
    Thank you for this review. I have never fired one, but I was looking at them recently and noticed how well they appear to be done.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  6. #5
    Member Array Flatline74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Al
    Posts
    34
    Thanks for the review. Makes me even feel better about my Windham purchase, I am already in love with it as it is.
    Springfield 1911
    Windham AR SRC
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Walther P22

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Array whoppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Having met them and talked with them at the NRA show this year, I'm convinced they are good folks who are dead set on making one of the best AR's out there. I think they're off to a good start and I wish them the best of luck. I'm impressed with the quality of these two rifles.
    The founder, Richard, had kinda stepped back from the Bushmaster project prior to it's sale to "that out of state company"... when the mass lay-offs hit the folks that had been loyal to the Bushmaster "family", Richard stepped up to the plate and WW was born, re-employing a good number of the original team. The WW employees have a great deal of loyalty to Richard and the new company... and they have a lot of pride in producing a quality product.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------

  8. #7
    Senior Member Array mulle46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,164
    Just bought a windham ar this last weekend. Haven't shot it yet, but I did notice it appears to be a quality built rifle.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

  9. #8
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,242
    It looks nice. Price is nice. I just wish they would have went 1 in 7. Heck, I'd take 1 in 8 even. The 1 in 9 twist tells me they are marketing at people who only shoot crappy ammo.
    remington79 likes this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It looks nice. Price is nice. I just wish they would have went 1 in 7. Heck, I'd take 1 in 8 even. The 1 in 9 twist tells me they are marketing at people who only shoot crappy ammo.
    I'm not sure I follow your comment.

    The M4 style rifle is a basic military configuration. Most ammo used in such a rifle will be 55gr to 62gr weight range as these are the common military ball weights. Most surplus ammo will be in this range, most affordable ammo will be in this range, and even most brass cased non-match commercial ball ammo will be in this weight range. There is plenty of match ammo available in this weight range as well, I fired some in this video.

    If you're shopping for a long range varmint rifle or a super precision rifle for making tiny groups, the M4 style rifle probably isn't your best choice. That's why you see a trend of rifle manufacturers using the 1:9 twist for military configuration rifles. It tends to give the best performance with standard military bullet weights.
    Flatline74 likes this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  11. #10
    RKM
    RKM is online now
    Distinguished Member Array RKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,795
    Great review, as always. I'm sort of in the market for a second AR, but not in a hurry. I was really considering looking at the Windham but at that price, there is no reason not to go with a Colt or something else with the features I want, already on the rifle. If this rifle sold for around the $800 range, I think it'd be spot on. Barrel twist is not a big deal to me. I personally have no issues with a good 1:9 barrel, however, I'm partial to SOPMOD stocks, and the commercial tube ruins that options for me. At that price, an LE6920 would be a better option, in my opinion. Maybe if the Mil-spec tube wasn't so important to me, I'd consider it.

    I'm looking for something extremely simple. Basically an LE6920, SOPMOD stock, Magpul MOE+ grip, 12" DD FSP rail, good irons and a Streamlight TLR-2. This rifle would be used 100% strictly for indoor home defense.

  12. #11
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    I'm not sure I follow your comment.

    The M4 style rifle is a basic military configuration. Most ammo used in such a rifle will be 55gr to 62gr weight range as these are the common military ball weights. Most surplus ammo will be in this range, most affordable ammo will be in this range, and even most brass cased non-match commercial ball ammo will be in this weight range. There is plenty of match ammo available in this weight range as well, I fired some in this video.

    If you're shopping for a long range varmint rifle or a super precision rifle for making tiny groups, the M4 style rifle probably isn't your best choice. That's why you see a trend of rifle manufacturers using the 1:9 twist for military configuration rifles. It tends to give the best performance with standard military bullet weights.
    OK, maybe you are right. I prefer shooting 69gr and up. To each their own.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Great review, as always. I'm sort of in the market for a second AR, but not in a hurry. I was really considering looking at the Windham but at that price, there is no reason not to go with a Colt or something else with the features I want, already on the rifle. If this rifle sold for around the $800 range, I think it'd be spot on. Barrel twist is not a big deal to me. I personally have no issues with a good 1:9 barrel, however, I'm partial to SOPMOD stocks, and the commercial tube ruins that options for me. At that price, an LE6920 would be a better option, in my opinion. Maybe if the Mil-spec tube wasn't so important to me, I'd consider it.

    I'm looking for something extremely simple. Basically an LE6920, SOPMOD stock, Magpul MOE+ grip, 12" DD FSP rail, good irons and a Streamlight TLR-2. This rifle would be used 100% strictly for indoor home defense.

    The MPC rifles are selling for around $800 on the street.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  14. #13
    Ex Member Array NotMallNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    413
    Excellent and thorough review. Thanks.

  15. #14
    Member Array Spartacus100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Posts
    26
    I just picked up a WW rifle at Cabelas of all places and it was $867 after tax. It has a fixed front sight and came with a Diamondhead flip up rear sight that retails for $130 by itself. The fit and finish is great. i will be shooting it for the first time this weekend and will let you know how it goes.

    IMG_3037.jpgIMG_3040.JPG

  16. #15
    Member Array Flatline74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, Al
    Posts
    34
    I have the Windham SRC love the rifle I do wish I would have picked up the Diamond flip up instead of the Magpuls. You have a great looking rifle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus100 View Post
    I just picked up a WW rifle at Cabelas of all places and it was $867 after tax. It has a fixed front sight and came with a Diamondhead flip up rear sight that retails for $130 by itself. The fit and finish is great. i will be shooting it for the first time this weekend and will let you know how it goes.

    IMG_3037.jpgIMG_3040.JPG
    Springfield 1911
    Windham AR SRC
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Walther P22

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

windham ar 15
,

windham ar 15 for sale

,
windham ar 15 reviews
,
windham ar-15 for sale
,

windham weaponry

,
windham weaponry ar 15 for sale
,
windham weaponry ar 15 price
,

windham weaponry ar 15 review

,
windham weaponry ar 15 reviews
,
windham weaponry ar-15 review
,
windham weaponry review
,
windham weaponry reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.