Question concerning stripper clips for ak

This is a discussion on Question concerning stripper clips for ak within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was given a whole bunch of stripper clips for my AK-47. They appear to be military surplus. The have a grey tarnish on them. ...

Thread: Question concerning stripper clips for ak

Question concerning stripper clips for ak

I was given a whole bunch of stripper clips for my AK-47. They appear to be military surplus. The have a grey tarnish on them. It's sort of like the color of galvinised steel. I puchased one of the el-cheapo stripper clip adapters to be able to load the stripper clips into my AK mags. When I try to push the rounds down into the mag they don't move freely.

I am thinking that perhaps the stripper clips need to be cleaned, polished or lubed with something. So the question is, is it normal to lube the rails of the stripper clips. I was thinking maybe rub them with a candle or put a light coating of a cleaner lube like gunzilla on them. I don't want to put so much on the rails that it builds up inside the mag or transfers to the gun.

Any suggestions.

2. Remove Ads

I would clean them if needed. If they needed anything after that maybe a dry lube? There are lubes that turn dry after being applied.

Michael

Links