Painting Rifles - How To - Page 3

Painting Rifles - How To

This is a discussion on Painting Rifles - How To within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No matter how many times I try different stocks, I always go back to the SOPMOD. When I replace my stolen 10.5", I'll likely use ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Painting Rifles - How To

No matter how many times I try different stocks, I always go back to the SOPMOD. When I replace my stolen 10.5", I'll likely use the CTR or that extra small M4 stock that is kind of hard to find... I forget what it's called, but the one I handled felt good for a short rifle. Other than that, I'll stick with the SOPMOD, and likely even on that one I'll run the SOPMOD again at some point.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Rock on, for $40 a year you can't beat DE range.

Do you live in Columbus and make that drive or are you further south now?
    I live down by Cincy. CCFSA is $60 a year IIRC, well worth it. I'm an RSO there too. It really isn't any further from Campus than Delaware was, just a different direction (about 50-60 minutes).

I saw in another thread where Jon said you are a good guy, so if he will vouch for you, and you want to try the club out sometime, lemme know, I'll take you as a guest, but I wanna shoot that SBR.

They also run 3 gun, IDPA, shotgun sports, SASS and high-power matches, and you don't need to be a member to attend any of those.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I'll certainly vouch for Matt.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Tagged for future reference, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    No matter how many times I try different stocks, I always go back to the SOPMOD. When I replace my stolen 10.5", I'll likely use the CTR or that extra small M4 stock that is kind of hard to find... I forget what it's called, but the one I handled felt good for a short rifle. Other than that, I'll stick with the SOPMOD, and likely even on that one I'll run the SOPMOD again at some point.
    Good to hear, can't wait to get it. Thanks to that TX trip/shooting your 14.5...a TD stubby is on the way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    I live down by Cincy. CCFSA is $60 a year IIRC, well worth it. I'm an RSO there too. It really isn't any further from Campus than Delaware was, just a different direction (about 50-60 minutes).

I saw in another thread where Jon said you are a good guy, so if he will vouch for you, and you want to try the club out sometime, lemme know, I'll take you as a guest, but I wanna shoot that SBR.

They also run 3 gun, IDPA, shotgun sports, SASS and high-power matches, and you don't need to be a member to attend any of those.
    Gotcha. I'm north side (Lewis Center) but have no problem driving. Would love to check the place out man, appreciate the invite. My wife and I are expecting our first in Nov/Dec so things are hectic but I'll try to carve out a little time to get down there.

I'll certainly vouch for Matt.
    Thanks man

Painting Rifles - How To

Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Matt, don't come here posting your "look-at-me-I-figured-this-out-in-no time-and-my-rifle-looks-better-than-your's" pics thinking everything is just fine and dandy. That is sinful behavior... Sinful!

Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Painting Rifles - How To

Matt, don't come here posting your "look-at-me-I-figured-this-out-in-no time-and-my-rifle-looks-better-than-your's" pics thinking everything is just fine and dandy. That is sinful behavior... Sinful!
    Sorry guys!

Here I thought I'd get crap for an unpainted light and optic
    Last edited by munch520; November 25th, 2012 at 10:47 PM.

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

I ran across this photo after reading this thread. It is a great example of the points made regarding the "Why". Also notice the boots, hands and the face, although the black rifle shows the worst.

A U.S soldier keeps watch on a hill in Paktika province this month.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Sorry guys!

Here I thought I'd get crap for an unpainted light and optic
    Oddly enough when I first saw your pic, I was wondering why the hell you cut out the side of your rail (thought the flashlight was the barrel).

I've got a case of paint staring at me waiting for decent weather or the wife to get her jeep out of the garage so I can get my 2 painted.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Oddly enough when I first saw your pic, I was wondering why the hell you cut out the side of your rail (thought the flashlight was the barrel).

I've got a case of paint staring at me waiting for decent weather or the wife to get her jeep out of the garage so I can get my 2 painted.
    It does look that way doesn't it? I've held off on painting it, thinking I'll throw the 600 on the sopmod build when I do that, and will be getting the smaller 300 for the SBR. And I'm just gutless right now and can't bring myself to paint the 3x

Yeah, why didn't you paint the light or optics?

Yeah.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links