My New PSA M4

My New PSA M4

This is a discussion on My New PSA M4 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After lots of research and great advice from this site, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first AR. Carried these for years in ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Maceng101

Thread: My New PSA M4

My New PSA M4

After lots of research and great advice from this site, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first AR. Carried these for years in the military, never really wanted one until now. I decided on the Palmetto State Armory M4. Seemed to be the best value for the money and left me some cash to add an optic, magnifier and some furniture. Purchased from Classic Arms for $749.99 shipped plus FFL transfer. They shipped within three days and provided outstanding service. Here it is after I added some OD Green Magpul furniture and Aimpoint Pro and Primary Arms 6x magnifier.

2012-08-31 15.36.39.jpg

Here is the first three rounds out of the box at the FFL's indoor range before adding the Aimpoint Pro and magnifier with Magpul Flip Up BUIS. Very accurate rifle.
    2012-08-23 15.23.42.jpg

After adding the Aimpoint Pro and Primary Arms 6X magnifier and zeroing at 50 yards.
    2012-08-31 15.28.08.jpg

My son is learning to shoot as best as I can teach him. At 12 he is showing himself to be a good marksman here is his target at 100 yards using only the iron sights
    2012-08-25 11.34.24.jpg

and this is at 50 after the Aimpoint Pro was zeroed. He emptied the whole 30 round mag and started spraying them a little at the end, glad its not full auto or he would keep me in the poor house on ammo costs!
    Range at 50.jpg

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Congrats on the new PSA AR. I have one and I love mine. Mine came with the AimPoint PRO as a package deal. I know that you and your son will continue to enjoy the new rifle. You might as well go ahead and buy the boy one now or you won't have yours for long.
    SCGunLover1

Congrats! Im jelous, I was ganna put the same one on layaway yesterday but my pay check was short. Oh well. How do you feel about the MOE handguard? I cant afford a fancy metal one but dont like the stock M4 handguard, the MOE looks nice.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Scgunlover,
    You are probably right, will have to get him his own soon enough.

Ionracas,
    I really like them. They feel better than the stock guards. Almost went with a long rail system, but didn't want to spend the cash or hassle with taking off the fsp and installing a gas block. Figured I would save the money for now. Magpul makes some great tough stuff. Primary arms has the best prices and fastest delivery, free shipping too.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Congrats!
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

sgb
    Very Nice
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    You have chosen wisely.

Nice looking rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Maceng101 View Post
    Ionracas,
    ...Almost went with a long rail system, but didn't want to spend the cash or hassle with taking off the fsp and installing a gas block. ...
    No need to remove, just cut and grind. Lots of info out there on how to do it neat. M4carbine.net for starters. Jonconsiglio could also probably walk you through it.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Those 100 yard iron site shots from your son are right on. I know some people in my unit that cant even get groupings like that. Good for you for taking your son out man. Thats the way it should be.

Sponsored Links