VIDEO: How to Install a Full Length Magazine Tube on a Shotgun

This is a discussion on VIDEO: How to Install a Full Length Magazine Tube on a Shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I purchased a full length magazine tube from CarrierComp , a titanium tube, for my M4 Benelli and installed it yesterday. With the right tools, ...

Thread: VIDEO: How to Install a Full Length Magazine Tube on a Shotgun

I purchased a full length magazine tube from CarrierComp, a titanium tube, for my M4 Benelli and installed it yesterday. With the right tools, and with enough patience, doing it was quite straightforward. But you have to get over the fear that you are going to ruin your receiver when you start blasting away with the heat gun. In fact, unless/until smoke starts to come out, you have not heated it up enough.

Hope some may find this video useful if they decide to install a full length magazine tube for themselves. LINK TO VIDEO HERE.

I can't say enough good things about the quality of CarrierComp products, the fit and finish are truly superb. Great folks, Kip and Marcy, own/operate the business.

Great video man. Makes the M4 look even badder. Is that the tube end cap that comes from Benelli? Sure beats the one on the old 870...

And how do you like your Kia?
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Thanks, yes the cap is stock from Benelli.

What I like about how the magazines work on my Benelli is that there is a snap ring that keeps the spring in the tube when you disassemble for cleaning, unlike the 870, which I own as well. Kind of nice not to have to worry about the spring flying out each time you take it down and a lot easier to put back together as well each time.

I love the Kia Soul. I'm about 6'4" and wanted to get a smaller car that would still be comfortable for me to sit in without hitting my head on the roof, the Soul fits the bill perfectly.

That's good to hear, Iv'e never had to worry about headroom though.lol

Sub'd your channel BTW.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

While I love shotguns, I cannot see spending $1600 on a defensive one. Not sure I would even spend that much on a rifle!

You must have an older Rem 870 pump. I can disassemble mine without the mag spring coming out - has a plastic cup on the end of the mag tube that keeps the spring in.

Let's see - for $1600, I can buy 5 pump shotguns...or 3 lever guns...or...well, you get the idea.

I've toyed with the idea of extending the mag tube on my 870, but I use it at the trap range as well as for home defense - and the extended tube might get some weird looks at the range. Plus, I like how it balances with the regular 4-shot tube. If I need more than 4 shotgun blasts to cover my safe room door, I am in heap deep poo poo...

Nice vid!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    While I love shotguns, I cannot see spending $1600 on a defensive one. Not sure I would even spend that much on a rifle! You must have an older Rem 870 pump. I can disassemble mine without the mag spring coming out - has a plastic cup on the end of the mag tube that keeps the spring in. Let's see - for $1600, I can buy 5 pump shotguns...or 3 lever guns...or...well, you get the idea. I've toyed with the idea of extending the mag tube on my 870, but I use it at the trap range as well as for home defense - and the extended tube might get some weird looks at the range. Plus, I like how it balances with the regular 4-shot tube. If I need more than 4 shotgun blasts to cover my safe room door, I am in heap deep poo poo... Nice vid!
    Cool story bro, feel better now?

Chuckle.

Links