Finally piecing together my first AR!

Finally piecing together my first AR!

This is a discussion on Finally piecing together my first AR! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally got my rear in gear, placed an order for a stripped upper from PSA today. They have some really great labor day deals going ...

Wink Finally piecing together my first AR!

Finally got my rear in gear, placed an order for a stripped upper from PSA today. They have some really great labor day deals going on still.

PSA 16'' Hammer Forged Madness M4A1 Stripped Upper - Without BCG or Charging Handle - Labor Day Upper Madness - AR-15

What do you guys think, stick with PSA for the lower? Im still a novice AR guy when it comes to the finer things in life, what should my next steps be? Where should I order from?

NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

sgb
    PSA is good to go for all your AR needs.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post

Finally got my rear in gear, placed an order for a stripped upper from PSA today. They have some really great labor day deals going on still.

PSA 16'' Hammer Forged Madness M4A1 Stripped Upper - Without BCG or Charging Handle - Labor Day Upper Madness - AR-15

What do you guys think, stick with PSA for the lower? Im still a novice AR guy when it comes to the finer things in life, what should my next steps be? Where should I order from?

If you've already got a PSA upper, you might as well go with a PSA lower.

I recently finished my first build, after sitting on a couple parts for almost a year now. My problem was finding the Spikes Zombie lower. Once I had that it was a piece of cake. It's much easier than it sounds to assemble the lower. IMO, the hardest part is the pivot pin detent. That little bugger took me awhile.

I've got a PSA. The upper and lowers are both nice quality. The bolt carrier milling is rough compared to a Colt. Still shoots great and after over 500 rounds I've yet to have a failure to feed or jam. The uppers and lowers are easily as nice as a colt though. Accuracy is excellent and as good as any Colt I've ever fired, maybe better.

I'm running a PSA lower, LPK, and auto bolt. No problems what so ever. Trigger is nice and smooth, BCG seems to be fine - no unusual wear on it or the upper. 3500+ rounds through it since spring, and 2, 2-day training classes. Drops P-mags without issue, even when they are covered in dust/grit.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links