My new toy: Daniel Defense M4

This is a discussion on My new toy: Daniel Defense M4 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, here is my new toy/tool. Pic with Aimpoint and front Troy Battlesight. Still waiting on the folding rear to arrive. Looking to setup for ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By discoboxer
  • 1 Post By mulle46
  • 1 Post By P5
  • 1 Post By Maceng101
  • 1 Post By zamboni
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By kapnketel
  • 1 Post By OD*
  • 1 Post By pgrass101

Thread: My new toy: Daniel Defense M4

My new toy: Daniel Defense M4

Well, here is my new toy/tool. Pic with Aimpoint and front Troy Battlesight. Still waiting on the folding rear to arrive. Looking to setup for 1/3 co-witness. I am pretty impressed with this rifle from finish to performance. I shot 300rds through it without a single failure and it's a pleasure to shoot!

DDM4.jpg
    Maceng101 likes this.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

I shot 300rds through it without a single failure and it's a pleasure to shoot!
    My new toy: Daniel Defense M4-ddm4.jpg

No failures should not be a surprise nor actually news worthy. If you happen to have a failure with an AR15 rifle we want to know. Just like the media......bad news makes headlines.....good news is seldom spoken......LOL!
    How many failures would you expect in the future given your 300 with no issue?

Very nice indeed. I hope to get to the range to shoot my new toy this coming weekend but I will probably be stuck with the honey-do list.
    discoboxer likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

P5
    Very SWEET!!! I've been eyeballin' the same one for a month or 2 now. You maybe have just helped me decided.
    discoboxer likes this.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    No failures should not be a surprise nor actually news worthy. If you happen to have a failure with an AR15 rifle we want to know. Just like the media......bad news makes headlines.....good news is seldom spoken......LOL!
    I was thinkin the same thing...I've shot 500 rounds of 556/223 and 2000 rounds of 22LR through my M&P15 Sport with no failures so a rifle that is $800 plus more expensive better!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

My new toy: Daniel Defense M4-ddm4.jpg

Haha, yeah I hear you! The real news was in my excitement to finally have my new toy and to test drive it.

I read a couple posts(other forums) where a few guys would experience some FTF issues with a new DDM4 on the first few rounds, especially with steel cased ammo. Today I ran two boxes of steel and the rest brass with no issues whatsoever.

I was happy that the rifle met.....better yet, exceeded my expectations for a first run. Trying to find good deals on bulk ammo so that I can run it a little harder on my next range day.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

I've found 100 round boxes of Federal at my local walmart for $32.75. Good target ammo. The Lake City Federal M193 from Glens Outdoors (Glen's Army Navy Store - Federal Lake City Tactical XM193 5.56 x 45mm 55 Grain FMJ BT - 1000 Rounds XM193BK) in 1,000 rounds loose for $329.99 plus shipping is the highest quality 55 grain I've found for the price right now. The only problem is they may or may not send you tracking info so you won't know when to expect it and it requires an adult signature. Nice rifle happy shooting!
    discoboxer likes this.

Very nice that's a sweet looking piece of work you have!

I'm almost their too, got just one more piggy bank to fill

Enjoy ...
    discoboxer likes this.

Nice rifle.
    discoboxer likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Very nice. DD makes awesome gear. Congrats!
    discoboxer likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

OD*
    Very nice indeed!
    discoboxer likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Senior Moderator
    Very good
    discoboxer likes this.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Looks awesome!

Sponsor
    DD is one of my favorite AR-15 Makers. Excellent choice! Mine is a 14.5 inch upper, fixed 1.5 battle comp, with the DD Lite Rail. I love it. Just saving up for the optics now! Can't decide between aimpoint or eotech....

-Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Awesome rifle bro! I love there torture test videos to.....some tough guns. Be careful about that steel ammo though....i hear it can foul your barrel and totally cause the rifle to blow up! :p
    In all seriousness its good to hear someone besides me runs steel in theres!
    Sent from my DROID RAZR

Links