The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time - Page 3

The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time

This is a discussion on The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Before this thread get censored, here's a couple of shots i took while waiting for a light to change. The woman walked in with the ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time

Before this thread get censored, here's a couple of shots i took while waiting for a light to change. The woman walked in with the kiddies, and came out without them
    I'm guessing she was dropping them off to work,Kids don't realise how bad it was over 100 years ago when factories put kids to work instead of them being in school
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm guessing she was dropping them off to work,Kids don't realise how bad it was over 100 years ago when factories put kids to work instead of them being in school
    For sure. I see lot's of kids bar tending nowadays, sometimes they're even in managerial positions. I think If they're under 10 you have to get a waiver signed or something.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

ok, the water was very low and the hole was angled up at about 45 degrees(but rifle was well above the water). the hole was about 18 inches. i stuck it in about to the gas block. It will shot fine at any angle. Ammo was 75 grain tap.
    8 poorly placed .380 +p hp's are much better than a well thrown cell phone. Carry Every Day.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

You NEVER us an AR on Beaver! If you watched the right television show (cartoons), you would know the Illudium Q-36 space demodulator is the only way to go!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Yea normally that is what i carry but it was in the shop getting a foot print gas pedal installed.
    8 poorly placed .380 +p hp's are much better than a well thrown cell phone. Carry Every Day.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Quote Originally Posted by dontrun View Post
    ok, the water was very low and the hole was angled up at about 45 degrees(but rifle was well above the water)... It will shot fine at any angle.
    Why are you shooting your rifle pointed up?

just bustin' yer chops

So can anyone explain why my piston ar will not shoot inside a hole. I assume it has to do with pressure but want to know specifics. Thanks
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

You said you have shot an ar in a hole. How far in the hole was rifle? I have shot inside holes with a 10/22 no problems( like stick the whole gun in the hole and empty magazine) thanks. and I drink the piss out of some mountain dew voltage too.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I may be a horrible person, but am I the only one who can not read that headline with a straight face?
    Did you miss the fact that my hubby giggled at it too? lol
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by dontrun View Post
    So can anyone explain why my piston ar will not shoot inside a hole. I assume it has to do with pressure but want to know specifics. Thanks
    I'd put my money on the angle. When the bullet passes the gas port, the pressure builds. When the bullet exits the barrel, the pressure is released. The carrier does not start to move backwards until the bullet has left the barrel, so it's inertia (I think that's the word I'm looking for) at that point. I've fired my rifle in some odd places and never had this issue. I have heard of others having failures to lock back when firing down at extreme angles.

The buffer and ammo will play a large part in this as well. 223 with an H2 will be more prone to this than 5.56 with an H buffer, for example.

I could be wrong, but I can't see this being related to the hole itself. I've taped off my muzzle and used caps before without issue. Everything that needs to happen is happening before the bullet exits the barrel.

BUT, the OP stated it shoots fine at that angle otherwise, so maybe I'm just plain wrong here....
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Try using a Glock. Wether you lost it in a tragic boating accident or cleaning it in the dishwasher, Ive been told they can shoot under water.

That being said, a beaver in a hole shouldnt be an issue.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Wait, I am totally confused. So you stuck the barrel of your AR underwater into a beaver dam entrance, and it won't cycle?

Why on earth would you do something like that?
    Hakkaa päälle!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    Try using a Glock. Wether you lost it in a tragic boating accident or cleaning it in the dishwasher, Ive been told they can shoot under water.
    That being said, a beaver in a hole shouldnt be an issue.
    Yes, it will (as will most) but will it cycle?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yes, it will (as will most) but will it cycle?
    My original comment was mostly sarcasm. As far as your question, the guy on the internet shooting multiple rounds through a Glock 17 at the bottom of a pool seemed convinced. So it HAS to be true right?

Being serious now, I believe Glock does sell an "underwater" G17 but I think it is for police and military only. I swear I saw it on their page but its been a while.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    My original comment was mostly sarcasm. As far as your question, the guy on the internet shooting multiple rounds through a Glock 17 at the bottom of a pool seemed convinced. So it HAS to be true right?

Being serious now, I believe Glock does sell an "underwater" G17 but I think it is for police and military only. I swear I saw it on their page but its been a while.
    If so I may have to reconsider one of those!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links