The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time - Page 4

The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time

This is a discussion on The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Amazon.com: GHOST Maritime Spring Cups for Glocks: Sports & Outdoors GHOST Maritime Spring Cups for Glocks Fits All Glock Models Maritime/Marine Spring Cups enable your ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: The beaver hole gets only 1 at a time

Amazon.com: GHOST Maritime Spring Cups for Glocks: Sports & Outdoors

GHOST Maritime Spring Cups for Glocks Fits All Glock Models Maritime/Marine Spring Cups enable your Glock to shoot underwater and under hostile environmental conditions.
    *Disclaimer, I don't really know what I'm talking about I just read this on the internet

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I'd put my money on the angle. When the bullet passes the gas port, the pressure builds. When the bullet exits the barrel, the pressure is released. The carrier does not start to move backwards until the bullet has left the barrel, so it's inertia (I think that's the word I'm looking for) at that point. I've fired my rifle in some odd places and never had this issue. I have heard of others having failures to lock back when firing down at extreme angles.

The buffer and ammo will play a large part in this as well. 223 with an H2 will be more prone to this than 5.56 with an H buffer, for example.

I could be wrong, but I can't see this being related to the hole itself. I've taped off my muzzle and used caps before without issue. Everything that needs to happen is happening before the bullet exits the barrel.

BUT, the OP stated it shoots fine at that angle otherwise, so maybe I'm just plain wrong here....
    JON I understand where you are going with this. I'm wondering if there could also be some sort of limp wristing effect involved too. By holding the rifle at a goofy angle (out away from the body) the whole rifle is allowed to move to the rear under recoil. Combined with the odd shot angle could this cause the same type of inertia loss that creates stoppages in handguns?

I'm really just guessing...

VIP Member
    BTW, if you wanna get that Beaver, instead of firing through his front door, try jumping up and down and stomping all over his hutch.

If he's home, this'll tick him off, and he'll swim out to get a look at the jerk who's monkey-stomping his world. Be ready when his head pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    BTW, if you wanna get that Beaver, instead of firing through his front door, try jumping up and down and stomping all over his hutch.

If he's home, this'll tick him off, and he'll swim out to get a look at the jerk who's monkey-stomping his world. Be ready when his head pops up.
    For that up close and personal beaver shot.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links