The "Glock" of AR's

This is a discussion on The "Glock" of AR's within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; New to ARs but I love my Bushmaster!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The "Glock" of AR's

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    New to ARs but I love my Bushmaster!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Colt 6920.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    HK416... nuff said
    The gun that killed Bin Laden.

Is there a website that sells these?

Never mind.. $7700!

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Loki Weapon Systems.

That is all.

All things being equal the LMT series of rifles is probably as good or better than anything mentioned here to fore in this thread. Especially the LMT CQB MRP rifle platforms.

LMT has been the new Colt for some time now.

IMHO

ETA: The H&K 416 is nothing but another slant on the piston gun. LWRC and POF and LMT manufacture as good a weapon as the 416. It's just the "H&K" hype behind the weapons popularity. Remember, it's just another piston driven AR design with proprietary parts, just as LWRC AND POF AND LMT.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

I would echo the HK416, though not truly an AR except for the receiver. Have a healthy checkbook, though.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    If you want a piston AR look at the Ruger SR-556 E-model. I believe I've seen them for around $1100 bucks. Adjustable gas regulator, including total gas shut off, making the gun in effect a bolt action if your using a suppressor.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Ruger SR556FB (the standard model). Adjustable 4 position piston system, all internals hard chromed, threaded barrel with removable flash hider, comes stock with Troy iron sights and a full quad rail. Three Magpul P30 magazines come with the rifle. NIB at most gun shops for about $1500.

The gun shoots very well and stays cool and clean. I'll never go back to a DI AR.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Every time I read a recommendation for the HK416 it makes me laugh. The HK the Glock of ARs? The HK is priced so high even a rich man can't afford one. Glocks are working class, blue collar priced guns. The "Glock of ARs" has to have a real, attainable, working man type price tag.

The funny part is that I"m quite sure the people recommending them have never owned or shot one other than on their PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by billstaf View Post
    Ruger SR556FB (the standard model). Adjustable 4 position piston system, all internals hard chromed, threaded barrel with removable flash hider, comes stock with Troy iron sights and a full quad rail. Three Magpul P30 magazines come with the rifle. NIB at most gun shops for about $1500.

The gun shoots very well and stays cool and clean. I'll never go back to a DI AR.
    I'm not a piston AR fan, but this is a good recommendation. This guy owns the gun he's suggesting, meaning he has a good knowledge of it. I'll agree that it is a solid gun from a reputable company at a decent price. <--- Just like a Glock........

.....Now with all of that said: The Colt 6920 is the only answer to this question. If you have a different answer then you just....well you're just wrong.
    Poseidon, WHEC724 and kerberos like this.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Every time I read a recommendation for the HK416 it makes me laugh. The HK the Glock of ARs? The HK is priced so high even a rich man can't afford one. Glocks are working class, blue collar priced guns. The "Glock of ARs" has to have a real, attainable, working man type price tag.

The funny part is that I"m quite sure the people recommending them have never owned or shot one other than on their PS3.
    Umm....Hellooooo....They have totally used them on Call of Duty. Haven't you heard? That count's as range time now, and some ranges are just putting gaming stations where there normally used to be shooting lanes. You still have to buy a box of their ammo though.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Don't forget that it's hard to find parts for HKs and they're not known for customer service. We got rid of HKs do to lack of customer support, parts availability, and armorer courses.

Colt. I like the 6940 because of the rails on it. But yes, the 6920 is the Glock of AR's.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I don't question the quality of the Colt but they are what ARs are measured against to begin with. They are the gold standard! Much like the 1911.

I would say for price, the S&W is a good candidate.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I don't question the quality of the Colt but they are what ARs are measured against to begin with. They are the gold standard! Much like the 1911.

Nope. Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post

For the price?

For nearly the same price as a S&W or Bushmaster, you can get a 6920.

Unless your talking about the S&W Sport or DPMS Sportical. Those can be had for a bit less, but you're getting less rifle, too. Those particular models, while sufficient in some roles, couldn't be called 'Glocks of the AR world'; more like 'Taurus of the AR world'
    atctimmy likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links