My wife's new rifle

My wife's new rifle

This is a discussion on My wife's new rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't trade guns often but when I do it ussually works to my advantage. I had puchased a 5.56 AK awhile back and the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tacman605
  • 1 Post By tacmansgirl
  • 1 Post By Caertaker

Thread: My wife's new rifle

VIP Member

My wife's new rifle

I don't trade guns often but when I do it ussually works to my advantage.

I had puchased a 5.56 AK awhile back and the original owner decided he could not live without it and wanted it back. After attempting to negotiate a couple of deals it fell through but he regrouped with an offer I couldn't refuse. I was looking for a rifle for my better half so this should fill the bill nicely.

This is a Barrett, the folks that make .50 caliber rifles, Rec 7. It is one of the premier piston AR's in the country today. This one has a Daniel Defense rail that comes standard and I also got the EOTECH AA model thrown in along with 10 mags. Round count is just under 500.

barrett 2.jpg
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I don't trade guns often but when I do it ussually works to my advantage.

I had puchased a 5.56 AK awhile back and the original owner decided he could not live without it and wanted it back. After attempting to negotiate a couple of deals it fell through but he regrouped with an offer I couldn't refuse. I was looking for a rifle for my better half so this should fill the bill nicely.

This is a Barrett, the folks that make .50 caliber rifles, Rec 7. It is one of the premier piston AR's in the country today. This one has a Daniel Defense rail that comes standard and I also got the EOTECH AA model thrown in along with 10 mags. Round count is just under 500.
    I came across a Barret lower with an old Colt upper (fixed carry handle) at my preferred local FFL last year. Surprised me to see the Barret. Have not seen or heard of them since then until now. Rare breed - don't know that I would go as far as premier though.

Give us a range report when you get it out.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I think that counteroffer was worth holding out for! I had no idea AKs in 5.56 were so valuable... the optic was a nice deal sweetener.

DO post back with the range report! Was this a stateside trade, or "in theater"?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    The AK I traded he had built on a preban Norinco Receiver and has a Bulgarian side folder fitted to it. All the work was done by Rifle Dynamics
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    So not a WASR10 then. : )

Nice trade!

VIP Member
    Sticks. Barrett has been around forever. There primary business is making some of the best long range, big bore sniper rifles in the world.

Snipers using their rifles have made amazing kills at unheard of ranges including the longest shot ever made with a .50 cal. There AR piston series of rifles are among the top three in the business. The Rec 7 will shoot 1 MOA at 100 yards on a routine basis if the shooter does his part.

www.barrett.net

Nice trade. I think lori will love it. I think you should have gotten her a bushmaster and kept the barrett for yourself, but thats me...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    LOL HB. I think she would quickly have learned the difference.
    tacmansgirl likes this.

HB, You and I are going to fight!!! LOL....J/K I already knew about it so there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Nice trade. I think lori will love it. I think you should have gotten her a bushmaster and kept the barrett for yourself, but thats me...
    Harryball likes this.
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    nice AR
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Sometimes I wish I had a wife I could blame my gun purchases on.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Administrator

Thumbs up

Congrats. Nice looking rifle.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    very Nice looking rifle, and a very lucky lady!
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post
    HB, You and I are going to fight!!! LOL....J/K I already knew about it so there!!!
    You will have to get some range time with your new toy. An AAR is expected here....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I didn't realize Barrett made standard ARs. Every time I've been to their site, I get drawn to the big-bore stuff before I look around I guess.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Links