Defensive Carry banner

Just finished an AR build...

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Foo909 
#1 ·
Just finished up a build today and figured I would post up the details on how cheap you can put a quality AR-15 together:

Palmetto State Armory Mid-Length A2 Profile Premium, 16'' CMV Chrome-Lined Stripped Upper:
16" Chrome Moly Vanadium Barrel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1/7 Twist Rate
Chrome-Lined Bore
HPT/MPI Barrel
M4 Feed Ramps
F-Marked Front sight post
A2 Flash Hider
Sling Loop
Standard Hand Guards with heat sheilds
Forged upper receiver
T-Marks
No logo

Upper Details:
Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is hard coat anodized black for durability. Featuring M4 feedramp cuts, T-marks, but no logo, these upper upper receivers are made for us right here in the USA.

Barrel Details:
16" Chrome-lined, chrome moly vanadium. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a mid-length gas system. The A2 profile barrel is high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected and then phosphate coated. Barrel is finished off with an .750" diameter F-marked front sight base with sling swivel, standard handguards and an A2 flash hider. Barrel is made by FN Manufacturing.

Spikes Tactical M16 Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group:
-Mil-Spec 8620 tool steel M16 bolt carrier w/shrouded firing pin.
-Carrier has 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out with 1.2.2.2 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome bore.
-Laser engraved with ST Spider logo (visable through ejection port door opening).
-Mil-Spec tool steel carrier key.
-Carrier key has 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out with 1.2.2.2 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome bore.
-Carrier key is attached with Grade 8 hardware and properly staked per the Mil-Spec.
-Bolts are CNC machined from Carpenter No. 158®.
-Bolts have 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish inside and out.
-All bolts are shot peened per the current Mil-Spec.
-All bolts are Individually High Pressure Tested (HPT) and then Individually Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI).
-Tool steel extractor, shot peened, 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish, fitted with a Mil-Spec black extractor spring insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.
-Mil-Spec firing pin with 1.2.2.2 MIL-STD-171 hard chrome finish.
-Mil-Spec cam pin with 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish.
-Mil-Spec firing pin retaining pin with 5.3.1.2 MIL-STD-171 phosphate finish.

Palmetto State Armory Premium Classic Lower Build Kit:
Includes PSA M4 Stock, A2 Pistol grip, Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Parts Kit and Mil-Spec diameter 6-position 7075 aluminum buffer tube assembly.

Palmetto State Armory Blemished Lower Receiver:

These forged lowers are quality made using material is 7075-T6 and are marked "CAL MULTI" to accommodate most builds. Finish is Black Hardcoat Anodize per MIL-8625 Type 3 class 2. (I saved some serious cash on this, you can't even see the blemish, it is one dark spot next to the PSA logo about a pen head in size.)

Palmetto State Armory Forged T7075 charging handle:
Manufactured to mil-specs. Fits AR15/M16 weapons

Magazine:
20 Round MagPul P-Mag (Black)

Sling:
Troy BattleSling Two-Point (Black)

Rear Sight:
Troy BattleSight Rear, Fixed (Black)

Now on to the cost:

Upper Receiver: $279.95
Lower Receiver: $59.99
Charging Handle: $19.95
Bolt Carrier Group: $125.00
Lower Build Kit: $79.95
Magazine: $12.81
Rear Sight: $60.36
Sling: $34.97

Total Shipping: $26.95
FFL Transfer Fee: $10.00

If you watch closely on Palmetto State's website you can get some killer deals, I had two separate orders from them, and one had free shipping. I also ordered the other parts like the rear sight, sling, and magazine with my dealer discount from Brownell's. My FFL does cheap transfers as well...this was three orders all done online and I put the rifle together using no specialty tools except a hammer, three punches, and a castle nut wrench. I could have cheaped out on things like the rear sight, sling, etc. but these are all top of the line parts. And the best part.... NO TAX :wave:.

Grand Total: $709.93

See less See more
#4 ·
I think you missed the Butt stock and buffer and spring assembly.
Did you buy "A stripped Upper" and assemble it,or was the upper pre assembled

#8 ·
Yeah I believe the lower build kit I got was $114 or so regularly priced. The hardest part was finding a bolt carrier group by far. The only decent options were a BCM at $159 or the Spikes I found, everything else was either dpms cheap or $200+.

And I would be lying if I said the upcoming election and the democratic parties stand point on the Clinton era ban wasn't at least a small reason for this purchase...now I just need to stock up on ammunition and 30 round magazines haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.