Which Choice for New AR - Page 4

Which Choice for New AR

This is a discussion on Which Choice for New AR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Niceeee...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Which Choice for New AR

Which Choice for New AR

Niceeee
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

I absolutely love my S&W M&P 15 OR-MOE........that being said I do not have a reference to any other AR's. I have close to 5000 rounds through mine (American Eagle & Personal Reloads) with ZERO failures. Bought it for $950 just over a year ago and put on an inexpensive Reflex Sight (BARSKA i think) and never looked back. I like the MAGPUL Mags but they get tough to load after a few hundred rounds (I think the lips are a little finicky but will probably outlast the tapco by a few hundred rounds IMO), I found TAPCO makes a less expensive alternative that load easier and have had no problems with any of the 6 I have purchased. I think Colt or SIG would make a fine rifle and would buy either one in the future if I felt the need to get another AR
    Good Luck!

I'm a recently converted Daniel Defense fan. I added a DDM4v4 to my collection and it has become my favorite to shoot! Well constructed, includes a lot of "bells & whistles", finish and fit is fantastic.

Just need to find better deals on ammo to keep up with my play schedule!
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Colt is known to be the best if you have the money. PSA if you want a good rifle at a cheaper price (Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe most/all of them are mil-spec) Keep in mind the price of mags/ammo/sight/sling/any attachments, it adds up quick.

There are a lot of good brands out there tho.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links