My New Rifle

This is a discussion on My New Rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by swelly61 I picked up some steel cased Tula 62gr.... $219 for 1000 rounds Do you have a link...I can use some rounds.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My New Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by swelly61 View Post
    I picked up some steel cased Tula 62gr.... $219 for 1000 rounds
    Do you have a link...I can use some rounds....

2. Remove Ads

Nothing like a Genuine Colt. I have the Colt Govt. Carbine. There was no such thing as flat top uppers being made when I got mine, or I would have one with a flat top.

Congrats! Great rifle.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Around 400 for 1000 rounds....Unless someone has a hook up...
    $20 a box for a box of $50 ??? No wonder I never got one. Between hangun ammo and that I would be broke

I always see it when on sale for about the same price as my 9mm target ammo $.21-.23 per round.

Wolf does run well through most ARs. Due to brass cased prices, I stick to Wolf these days, and it works. Then again, I mostly shoot an AK ;D

It just stinks looking at prices. In 2004-5 I picked up .223 for $3.99/20 and now the same stuff is $8.99/20!! And we're talking about Winchester White Box stuff.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    ... Due to brass cased prices, I stick to Wolf these days, and it works. Then again, I mostly shoot an AK ;D

It just stinks looking at prices. In 2004-5 I picked up .223 for $3.99/20 and now the same stuff is $8.99/20!!
    RELOAD!!!

My cost for home brew M193 is $0.175 per round, and it is a lot more accurate than factory.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I will make you a video and send it priority in the mail for you!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Well arent you a stinker...LOL...I should have T-man send me yours so I can shoot and do a video...LOL....Thanks again.
    Harryball likes this.
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

VIP Member

Ummmmmmm ok do I get a copy to. HB did you shoot it yet???????
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Of course you will get a copy, you are my hubby!!! Can't wait till it gets here:)
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post
    Of course you will get a copy, you are my hubby!!! Can't wait till it gets here:)
    This better be a good video.....LMAO...

HB did you shoot it yet???????
    Yes, AAR and photos to follow....

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Great looking rifle, looking forward to Michigan road trip shoot it! After the election ammo should come down again.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Great looking rifle, looking forward to Michigan road trip shoot it! After the election ammo should come down again.
    To much fun....Know what I mean....

OD*
    Congratulations on your Colt lightweight carbine, excellent choice.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Took the colt our for a run on friday night with some friends. Kind of informal shooting time. Just trying to sight in our new rifles and have some fun doing so. Greg and I run a small training company here in the city of lansing. So of course there is some competition between the two of us. IMO I won again.....

First impression of the 6720. It is more than a pound lighter than the Ruger 5.56 and it was obvious. The side by side comparison showed me how much more I liked the colt over the Ruger. They both shoot very nice. Not really much difference in that department. The Ruger being a pound heavier showed a little less recoil, but its nothing to write home to mom about. The Colts balance was incredible compared to the Ruger. The Ruger felt real heavy in the front, and at the end of the day and about 500 rounds Greg said he could feel it. I had no issues with the colt.

The others guys, the Steves as we call them, loved both weapons, the could not believe the difference in weight between the two rifles. Neither of the Steves have ever shot an AR so it was funny watching them compare the two. Kind of like kids, in how honest the were about each. I would have to say, after shooting both, the weight is about the only difference that I can see so far, both weapons seem to be quality builds. Fit and finish on both was very nice. Price point was about the same on both. If I had to carry a rifle for a living or even do a class the colt wins hands down.

The Colt came with two 20 round Pmags, sling, mounts for the sling, cleaning rod and brushes. The Ruger came with a carrying case and one 30 round Pmag. If you are in the market for a nice AR you can go with either of these weapons, but for me I have to lean towards the colt. Once you get into the 400-500 round count you will see why, the balance of the colt is that much nicer than the Ruger. Now some pics..

gear.jpeggreg2.jpeghead.jpegme.jpegme2.jpegrange.jpeg

Greg is in the blue T-shirt I am in the Black shirt with the U of M hat on. The mannequin head was provided by Steve. His sister is a hair dresser. It was fun shooting that...LOL.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post

Ummmmmmm ok do I get a copy to. HB did you shoot it yet???????

^^^^^^^^I'd keep an eye on these two^^^^^^^

tacman

Excellent looking rifle Harry.

I'd be grinning from ear to ear also.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links