Out of mothballs and back with the fleet.

This is a discussion on Out of mothballs and back with the fleet. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Had a few denarius left over last month so I decided to bring an old warrior out of the gun safe and upgrade it. My ...

Thread: Out of mothballs and back with the fleet.

Out of mothballs and back with the fleet.

Had a few denarius left over last month so I decided to bring an old warrior out of the gun safe and upgrade it. My Maverick 88 (dual rail) was my main HD until I upgraded a tornado survivor Mossberg 500A about 5 years ago. The Maverick was a very reliable weapon and I always felt it was a shame to retire it.
    I put on a Blackhawk Knoxx NRS SpecOps (non recoil reducing) stock. A Limb Saver recoil pad, a Blackhawk sling and a HighViz bead. The old soldier is looking very Tacticool and appropriately deadly. I now have an HD shotgun at each end of the house, never too far away!

tacmav.jpg
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

2. Remove Ads

Nice...Looking very tacticool like you said...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Like buying another gun, but a lot cheaper.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I'd keep them seperated too,if they ever mated whatever came out would be really ugly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Nice. I've got the same stock on an 870. Can you tell me more about the limb saver butt pad? Which one is it? Did you screw out on or glue it or...?
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Saw the title and was hoping the New Jersey was back at sea.:)

Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
    Nice. I've got the same stock on an 870. Can you tell me more about the limb saver butt pad? Which one is it? Did you screw out on or glue it or...?
    Blackhawk Knoxx Limbsaver Butt Pad for 04, 08, 90 K18005-B
    by BlackHawk

Bought mine through Amazon. It is made for the Knoxx stock and screws on in place of the stock recoil pad. I didn't want the recoil reducer stock because I like to keep my self defense guns simple and uncomplicated. I like to minimize the chances for mechanical breakdown at the critical moment. I am a revolver, bolt action rifle and pump shotgun sort of guy. I have Limbsaver recoil pads on all of my long guns.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Links