mosin blasphemy - Page 2

mosin blasphemy

This is a discussion on mosin blasphemy within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ghost tracker That's the first time I have EVER seen anyone capable of making a Mosin even uglier than the original. But ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: mosin blasphemy

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    That's the first time I have EVER seen anyone capable of making a Mosin even uglier than the original. But I'm reminded that some people think the Irish Wolfhound is ugly, until they remember that there are NO LONGER any wolves...in Ireland!

We have a GREAT hobby, and are free to enjoy & express it in ANY WAY WE PLEASE. Nice Work!
    As far as my scout build is concerned, I have a large collection of Mosin Nagant rifles (M39's, M38's, M44's, 91/30's) all original as milsurps should be. The one that I built as a scout rifle pictured here had a severely damaged stock and only about 10% of the finish left on the metal. Mechanically it was sound so I decided to build the scout rifle. Bubba don't run wild but he had his moment.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

not too bad. I'll try to get a picture of "thunder pig" My chopped 91/30 bubba mosin. I found it in a bargin bin at the lgs for $70 5 years back. The gun had been counterbored, the wood was horribly cracked toward the muzzle and the rifling was crappy. Cut the barrel down to 16.5 inches, removed most of the forward stock and painted it it flat earth brown/green. Also put a cheap cut/bent bolt kit and scope mount drilled and tapped. Useed a brass screw and grinding compound as a ghetto crown

Its goofy but man it is a crowd pleaser at the range. The fireballs are just plain massive and uncomfortable for neighboring shooters.

Please note i have a gorgeous 91/30 and a m44 that are staying pretty.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Very nice, I did something similar to mine. I fiberglassed up the front to make it a little longer though.

"Bubba'd" my Nagant 91/30
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

there ya go. pretty much done. just gotta get some stripper clips and mount the pouches to the stock so it has a spare ammo spot.

My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links