My wife's AR webcam class. I am so proud of her.

This is a discussion on My wife's AR webcam class. I am so proud of her. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well the Mrs. got her Barrett in and was very pleased with it. All we have is the webcam so I talked her through a ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By tacman605
  • 3 Post By tacman605
  • 1 Post By Sticks
  • 1 Post By onacoma

Thread: My wife's AR webcam class. I am so proud of her.

VIP Member

My wife's AR webcam class. I am so proud of her.

Well the Mrs. got her Barrett in and was very pleased with it.

All we have is the webcam so I talked her through a class on taking her AR down for cleaning. She did very well as she has shot them before but never taken one apart.

We did not mess with the piston system that will come later but with a towel spread out on the floor and a rag to wipe off the grease she listened well and I talked her through the first time and then she did it on her own. She asked very intelligent questions about the system and parts on the gun.

I am very proud of her. She is going to go to my shooting buddies house this afternoon and see if she is able to shoot a through rounds with her new toy.

Here she is sitting on the floor going through the process.

Lory AR class.jpg

I have a feeling my 5.56 ammo budget just increased along with P mags, sling, BUIS and so on. Thank goodness it came with an EOTECH that she is familiar with and likes. She also mentioned something about a pink stock and pistol grip to bad no one makes those anymore, anyplace not for a Barrett anyways.
    Justified and Bad Bob like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Kewl, Im happy that she got it. Congrats T-Girl, Hope you like it....

Your budget T-man just went thru the roof....LMAO...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Very cool, she could always get the stock and handguards dipped.

I believe Magpul just introduced a line of pink AR furniture for limited release in late fall.
    Gunga Galunga

VIP Member
    NO NO NO the pink stuff will not fit the rifle and the dipping procedure won't work on this specific rifle it can't be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Now get her to take a Carbine class or two. After a basic class (Appleseed or some other rifle basic course) I would strongly recommend Mike Pannone [2 day advanced] - unless she is stupid fast on the concept grasping skill - then straight to Mike Pannone.

Avoid High round count classes! 1k over 2 days is the max that a person can account for. More than that - you are just wasting ammo.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Thanks HB, I LOVE it!!! Gonna take it out to the "swamp" for a few rounds!!! Hey HB, don't you just love how my husband repeats it wont fit???? LOL
    @ Sticks, I'm sure I can manage the Advanced course.. My husband is a great prep teacher!!! That is a great idea tho, thanks
    "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear"
    " The Lord is my Light and my salvation

Somehow it is just not right being...present, so to speak...to these Husband/Wife conversations on a forum. It's just weird. I get the why, I'm just grateful there is no PDA to go with it. This is a family forum after all.

RE - ammo; Time to start thinking about reloading. You can turn out near match grade ammo below the cost of Russian steel cased. Daunting looking at the startup cost, but it does pay for itself rather quick, especially if you are burning up 5k or more rounds a year. FWIW Training classes are a great place to stockpile on once fired brass, generally LC. I'm sitting on near 7k after 2 classes, never mind what I bought locally. If you fly out to take a class, USPS flat rate boxes are your friend to ship your brass home.
    tacmansgirl likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by tacmansgirl View Post
    Thanks HB, I LOVE it!!! Gonna take it out to the "swamp" for a few rounds!!! Hey HB, don't you just love how my husband repeats it wont fit???? LOL
    @ Sticks, I'm sure I can manage the Advanced course.. My husband is a great prep teacher!!! That is a great idea tho, thanks
    You know he is not telling the truth, Right? LMAO...Hey T-man, do you hear the bus backing up...LMAO...

Now you need to post some pics of the rifle, get pics at the range. All the good stuff that goes along with a new rifle.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    NO NO NO the pink stuff will not fit the rifle and the dipping procedure won't work on this specific rifle it can't be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First stay safe and thank you!

Now when you return home and shes outfitted the Barrett in pink, I don't think anyone will laugh at anyone carring a pink Barrett! That Urban Camo and I know the Green Tip work just as well out of a pink hand grip!

If she needs help find those pink components have her PM my wife and I and I'll send her a set to say thanks for your service!
    tacmansgirl likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Sticks you are correct. I think a Dillion is in my future. When I come home again we are going to head to a class.

Onacoma thank you I will have her contact you to get your wife's PM address.

Palmetto State Armory has Pink furniture for 99.99
    PSA M4 Furniture kit - Pink - Handguards & Rails - Upper Parts - AR-15
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links