This is my Rifle.,,

This is a discussion on This is my Rifle.,, within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After being away from the AR platform for 3 years, I thought it was time to get back in. Although this time I intend to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: This is my Rifle.,,

This is my Rifle.,,

After being away from the AR platform for 3 years, I thought it was time to get back in. Although this time I intend to keep the set-up with HD in mind.

This is only the third ARI5 I've owned. I recently purchased it from a good friend. He was cleaning out his closet and decided to sell most of his armament. At the time of purchase it was a bare bones carbine. As you can tell I've ordered and installed a few goodies. I've got a Leatherwood CMR on the way, along with a SR07 switch for the light.

I really like the UTG takedown case. Not bad for $29. I'm hoping to get some good range time, tomorrow.

Here's a few photos taken earlier..

Last edited by los; October 7th, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
    reade likes this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

2. Remove Ads

Last edited by los; October 7th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
    fotomaker57 likes this.

Very nice. Thanks for posting the pics.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Beautiful AR. I love that case also. Very vanilla, most would never suspect that as a gun case.

Nice looking AR. How does she shoot?
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Thanks, Guys.

@ 40Bob: I'll find out in a few hours.

Very nice...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

yea i like that case too. just out of curiosity, if the rifle is taken down into two pieces, doe that then mean you can transport it in a case with ammo "within arms reach" legally?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

@Fausty:

My understanding is that an unloaded AR can be legally carried with loaded magazines and ammo in the same case as long as the mags/ammo are located in a seperate compartment of the case.

Probably best for you to check and verify the laws that govern your venue.

In Texas we can carry a loaded rifle in the vehicle with us, trunk or front seat. Wisconsin? I have no clue man. In pretty much every state aside from those two or three we don't talk about, it's safe to assume the rifle in a case, unloaded in the trunk with the ammo or loaded mags in a separate bag will get you by just fine.

Edit - read post number 4 - http://www.usacarry.com/forums/wisco...kup-truck.html
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

We had a great day at the Range today. We were able to bore sight the irons to hit paper at 100 yards pretty quick. Once on paper, the sights were adjusted as best we could and we were able to shoot about 2-3 MOA. Not too bad, I guess. My vision has really taken a dump these last few years and i was having a little trouble focusing on the targer while pulling focus on the sights. Heck, I was just happy to know that I was hittng paper at 100 yards. :)

At that point we decided to see what we could do with the rifle at a closer distance so we packed everything up and walked over to the 25 yard range. My oldest son shot multiple 0.25" groupings (1 MOA) and my youngest son an I were constantly shooting 0.50" groupings.

Before leaving we rapid fired the rifle to test reliability and it perfomed flawlessly. Absolutely no issues to report. All in all a great day at the Range.

I'm really looking forward to receiving the CMR. I'm hoping my groups will shrink a little more. :)

Starry? Glad the rifle worked well for you.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Sponsor
    Definitely check on your state laws concerning transportation of firearms. Ohio has a screwy worded code that causes a loaded magazine to be a loaded gun regardless of whether there is even a gun in the car. Our CC license allows for transport of loaded hand guns but not long guns. So I can legally transport every pistol I own loaded at the same time but I am breaking the law if I have a loaded AR magazine, sans AR15 in the car. Go figure.

OP, Nice looking set up. I love a take down case. Glad to hear you had good results at the range. I would also recommend a .22lr conversion for economy and plinking. I thought it would be seldom used but I was wrong. I love to just shoot for hours with the kids at the 50 yard line. The conversion bolts have come a long way as far as reliability in the last several years. Mine is a CMMG.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    In Texas we can carry a loaded rifle in the vehicle with us, trunk or front seat. Wisconsin? I have no clue man. In pretty much every state aside from those two or three we don't talk about, it's safe to assume the rifle in a case, unloaded in the trunk with the ammo or loaded mags in a separate bag will get you by just fine.

Edit - read post number 4 - WISCONSIN - What are the laws regarding transporting firarms in a Pickup Truck?
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Starry? Glad the rifle worked well for you.
    Yeppers. Conditions for punching paper were near perfect yesterday.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    ...OP, Nice looking set up. I love a take down case. Glad to hear you had good results at the range. I would also recommend a .22lr conversion for economy and plinking. I thought it would be seldom used but I was wrong. I love to just shoot for hours with the kids at the 50 yard line. The conversion bolts have come a long way as far as reliability in the last several years. Mine is a CMMG.
    Thanks.

That's a great idea. I'll definitely look into the conversion kit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links