No to an AR - went with a tactical Auto Shotgun - Page 2

No to an AR - went with a tactical Auto Shotgun

This is a discussion on No to an AR - went with a tactical Auto Shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by munch520 Ever shot a shotgun, inside an enclosure, with no earpro? At night? I'll take a suppressed SBR or pistol every time ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: No to an AR - went with a tactical Auto Shotgun

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Ever shot a shotgun, inside an enclosure, with no earpro? At night?

I'll take a suppressed SBR or pistol every time over any shotgun.
    IIRC, the 1-3/4" 12 Gauge Aguila Minishell was designed for use by the Mexican military/police for tactical use. Don't know if they still use them.

Anyhow, they could be of use. Who needs a 3" magnum 12ga for living room distances?

Midway has a writeup on which shotguns to use them in:

Aguila Minishell Ammo 12 Ga 1-3/4 #4 #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets Box of 20

Shotgun or rifle? Both!

I recently put our Mini 14 at the front of the safe for home defense use, and moved the Rem 870 pump back one spot. My reasoning is that my wife can handle the Mini 14's recoil, but not so much the 12 gauge. And in the event the BGs have body armor, the rifle is going to be a better option. Plus, this gives us both a long gun within easy reach - the Mini 14 for her and the shotgun for me.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

"Hunter Ears"-style electronic muffs make a lot of sense to me in a Home Defense scenario. They're on in 2-3 seconds. They actually amplify my ability to hear & locate the threat. Plus the shock & awe of a 12 gauge round on the perp in my hallway, even if I miss (while I'm relatively uneffected) puts me in a substantial tactical advantage.

A LEO friend told me of a tough, old-school street cop acquaintance of his who actually took the time to (almost casually) muff-up before an anticipated gunfight. My friend said just seeing the that cop meant to kill someone right now had quickly cooled more than one hot-headed situation.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Plus the shock & awe of a 12 gauge round on the perp in my hallway, even if I miss (while I'm relatively uneffected) puts me in a substantial tactical advantage.
    The 'shock and awe' (if you're wearing ears-at least the light portion), doesn't discriminate, you'll be blinded too. Unless you're also wearing sunglasses

Flashbulbing with a white light (then moving), is a much better way to both ID and daze your target.

All this is assuming the 'perp' isn't already on top of you after hearing you rack one into the SG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links