AR optics?

This is a discussion on AR optics? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I see Primary Arms hasn't been mentioned. Seriously, if the scope's just for fun give them consideration. For budget optics they are reviewed quite well. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: AR optics?

I see Primary Arms hasn't been mentioned. Seriously, if the scope's just for fun give them consideration. For budget optics they are reviewed quite well. As others have mentioned there are threads about them on AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource. (AR-15, AR-10, M4 Carbine, M16, H&K, SIG, FNH, FAL, AK-47, 50 Cal, M1/M1A, Handgun, Pistol, Training, Hunting, and More!) . I personally have a Compact 3X on my AR and have been very pleased with it. They are really good value for the money.

2. Remove Ads

I think the red dot is for more than just fun, unless I made a mistake reading your post. outside of a static range, it's a considerable advantage. It allows faster first round hits when used properly and allows you to focus down range, never having to focus on the front sight to make accurate hits. Not to mention follow up shots, tracking, low light, etc. Learn irons, absolutely. But if it's anything more than a range toy, a red dot is essential equipment in my opinion, as is a high quality white light and an adjustable sling.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I think the red dot is for more than just fun, unless I made a mistake reading your post. outside of a static range, it's a considerable advantage. It allows faster first round hits when used properly and allows you to focus down range, never having to focus on the front sight to make accurate hits. Not to mention follow up shots, tracking, low light, etc. Learn irons, absolutely. But if it's anything more than a range toy, a red dot is essential equipment in my opinion, as is a high quality white light and an adjustable sling.
    If the word "fun" is in reference to my post, I think you're reading too much into it! It's the word that the OP used in his initial post and was probably referring to "plinking" or non-tactical use. I agree with your post and opinion on "red dot" scopes and the purpose they serve. Okay....back on topic.

It was in reference to reade's post. I'm sure I was reading more into it!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Aimpoint H1 or T1 - best bang for the buck.
    Best bang for your buck at $600? I think you meant the Aimpoint PRO at $400.

Yes fun = currently non tactical.

But, at the same time I'd like to be acquainted with both sighting systems as there is always the chance I might find the need.

After doing some reading I see I might want to also add a Magpul BUS. Will it work with the stock front sight on the Colt?

Oh yeah, I'm thinking Aimpoint PRO for sure.

VIP Member
    Yup, the magpul BUIS works with standard front sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Hey thanks! Aimpoint PRO and Magpul BUS are on the way.

I agree aimpoint and EO tech are prob the best. That being said I think Bushnell is a good product for the $. GL
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Aimpoint arrived today and I got it installed and zero'd with the iron sights (as much as possible at this time). All I can say is wow, I'm impressed with it. Now to spend some quality time at the range getting it and the BUS dialed in.

I can see why the PRO is popular, it's supper easy to acquire the target.
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links