Looking for a good AR15 - Page 2

Looking for a good AR15

This is a discussion on Looking for a good AR15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Plus one from me for Palmetto State Armory, they are building a good gun at a good price....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Looking for a good AR15

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Plus one from me for Palmetto State Armory, they are building a good gun at a good price.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    It would still take quite some time to actually push through. I doubt it will happen though. A nationwide assault weapons ban would be political suicide right now.
    I have the same thoughts, it will be very difficult to pass a AWB. However its a safe assumption there will be a rush and shortage on AR-15s if Obama (Who has confirmed he would like to see another AWB) is re-elected. There was a shortage on AR15s & ammo in 2008 with no mentioned of a AWB.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Obama can talk about it all he wants. He can't force anything through without the approval of Congress.

Don't hold your breath on that happening. He can't even set a budget with them.
    JungleJim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I have the same thoughts, it will be very difficult to pass a AWB. However its a safe assumption there will be a rush and shortage on AR-15s if Obama (Who has confirmed he would like to see another AWB) is re-elected. There was a shortage on AR15s & ammo in 2008 with no mentioned of a AWB.
    I saw no shortage of AR-15's. Ammo, yes, but AR's? Every gun store I was in had a rack full of them.

Thanks for all the great input. I am in month 2 of looking at differnt AR's and will not purchase anything for atleast another few months. my friend has the stag and he said he if it wasnt for the price he wouldnt have bought it after owning it. I did have chance to shoot it and it was nice but didnt shoot as well as the colt. I havent shot the Bushmaster yet but plan on shooting all the AR's I narrow my search down to, well if the range I belong to has them available for rent. I was fortunate so far that they had both a 6920 and 6940. I have read good reviews on the mossberg but they stated that it was more comfortable to shoot a cactus because the ringes on the rails are sharp but they can be covered with grip covers. I will check out Palmetto State Armory but i like to shoot a gun before i purchase it. like i shot many hand guns before i settled on the glock19 and i love it. Again thanks for all the great advice i appricate it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links