Which One To Get

Which One To Get

This is a discussion on Which One To Get within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Iím looking at getting a .22LR AR style rifle. Iíve been looking at getting the S&W15-22 or a Mossberg International 715T. Mossberg makes reliable shotguns ...

View Poll Results: Which AR Style .22LR

18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mossberg International 715T

1 5.56%
  • S&W15-22

12 66.67%
  • Other

5 27.78%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sticks

Thread: Which One To Get

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    North of the Line

Which One To Get

Iím looking at getting a .22LR AR style rifle.

Iíve been looking at getting the S&W15-22 or a Mossberg International 715T.

Mossberg makes reliable shotguns so I would think their other rifles would be too. And the S&W is almost twice as much. So Iím trying to choose?

So who has any experience with either or both? I look forward to your constructive input and suggestive replies.

Or if you have another AR style 22LR suggestion let us know. I already have a Marlin 60 semi-auto .22LR so Iíd like to stick with an AR style.

Senior Moderator
    Gilbert, AZ
    My club holds twice-monthly "tac .22" rifle matches... the S&W is by far the most popular and it's quite reliable. It dominates the Colt (Umarex), SIG and the occasional Mossberg AR clones.
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Ive been looking alot lately at a semi tactical .22. It seems the Smith is at the top of the pack but im just having a hard time validating spending so much on a .22. Im starting to lean towards building a 10/22 instead. And I like tinkering anyway...

Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    We sell a HUGE amount of these guns at the Store. My advice is to get the S&W gun. VERY reliable and mags are plentifull too. If you can, take a look at the MOE version of the S&W M&P15-22
    A little more money, but you get fold down sights and the MOE retracable stock. If that one doesn't fit the budget, any of the other S&W15-22 models are just as good.......and FUN to shoot!
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Omaha, Nebraska
    I have never shot or have any experience with the Mossberg.

My father has two of the S&Ws and they have been reliable and are a lot of fun. I still prefer a 10/22 for 22lr plinking with a rifle.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, ďmore elegant weapons for a more civilized age.Ē

Were it me, I'd get a full on AR, and a 22lr conversion kit.

Burn up 22lr to your hearts content, and still be able to run the 5.56 if you desired.
    CJM likes this.

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I've seen airsoft guns at Walmart built better than the Mossberg .22 AR.

I agree with Sticks, get a real AR and a conversion kit.

Central Texas

Which One To Get

Take a look at a Ruger 10/22, you can make it look like a AR with an Archangel kit for around $100. I chose the tactical looking Blackhawk Axiom kit for mine, I got it on Amazon for $58.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links