Magpul MOE Handguard + loose vertical foregrip question

This is a discussion on Magpul MOE Handguard + loose vertical foregrip question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello all, After purchasing my AR15 a few weeks ago, I've since outfitted it with some Magpul furniture, such as the pistol grip, handguard and ...

Thread: Magpul MOE Handguard + loose vertical foregrip question

Magpul MOE Handguard + loose vertical foregrip question

Hello all,

After purchasing my AR15 a few weeks ago, I've since outfitted it with some Magpul furniture, such as the pistol grip, handguard and vertical grip. One thing I noticed was that after installing the vertical grip, it seems to loosen up after a while to the point that it has a slight swivel. It feels stable enough, but I was wondering if this was normal or if there was something wrong with the handguard/grip or the way I installed it. Anybody have any experiences?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Did the VFG have blue loctite on it? I've had mine on my AR for 11 months now and I use it every weekend and it hasn't moved. Maybe you want to add some more loctite? Good luck!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

What he said ^^^^^^
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    +1 on the blue loctite. I had the same problem with my optic mount, problem solved.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Never had to use locktite on a vert grip....do you have pictures of the screws/counterplate area on the grip?
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

Links