Another evil black gun in the hands of.......

This is a discussion on Another evil black gun in the hands of....... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, we all know that there will likely be another run on guns and ammo (at least the Prez is good for the firearm industry), ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Another evil black gun in the hands of.......

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Well, we all know that there will likely be another run on guns and ammo (at least the Prez is good for the firearm industry), so, I bought an S&W MP Sport AR in 22 LR--so I can train muscle memory and not cost an arm and both legs to shoot......we have a blizzard bearing down on us and I'm supposed to get my last 30 tons of hay, so probably won't shoot it this weekend....
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

An Ebr in a chaplain's hands? Oh no. Lol. :)
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    going to be a great weapon
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Chaplains (at least US Military Chaplains) are non-combatants. I originally qualified on an M14 (and "Maggie's Drawers" [for those in the know]), 1911, the old "grease gun" and a few others and then moved on the the M16, the ma deuce, the M85 (jam o' matic) and the 105 tank cannon, and let us not forget the 152mm main gun round on the Sheridan--it would lift the track up off the first two or three road wheels when you fired it--BEFORE I went to Seminary and then went back as a chaplain

And then, there were those times when I was a chaplain and there weren't photographers around (back before the digital age and every cell phone with a camera), I did continue to send a few rounds downrange when my bosses weren't around. Now, I don't have those constraints (but sadly, I have to pay for my own ammo now )
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Was just being silly.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammo, nice buy.
    BeefyG and DontTreadOnI like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Was just being silly.
    I knew that --I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to tweak a stereotype image--even if you were just having fun No harm, no foul, just my wierd sense of humor. Its like my truck, on the back tailgate I have a magnetic sign advertising my Pastoral Counseling business, and then I put my bumpersticker from LaRue "God Blessour Troops, especially the snipers" on the back window. just havin' fun........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

- Ronald Reagan

Lol

Lead Moderator
    Enjoy your new rifle I know mine has been great for affordable practice.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm thinking of getting one, but I'll probably get a upper only, or maybe the M&P, and a upper.

Senior Moderator
    I've got one...with a few additons. Nice and quiet.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    I bought an S&W MP Sport AR in 22 LR--so I can train muscle memory and not cost an arm and both legs to shoot......
    Another option would have been to buy an S&W M&P15 Sport 5.56
    Product: Model M&P15 Sport™

Add the .22 LR conversion system for the above.... Now you have the best of both worlds....

Shoot more and spend less, convert your AR-15, .223 to .22-LR and save enough to pay for the conversion in about 1,000 rounds! Make your rifle dual purpose, in seconds you can convert your AR-15 to .22-LR and use your rifle for training, varmint hunting, sighting in, shooting with the family or low cost plinking.
    AR-15 .22 LR Conversion Kit Jonathan Arthur Ciener Inc. Includes 10 Round Magazine
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I think I'm going to be working on my wallet memory...
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I've got one...with a few additons. Nice and quiet.
    Yes--that is QUITE nice. Too bad nobody makes one in 22 mag---I think that would be a nice addtion.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

- Ronald Reagan

Another option would have been to buy an S&W M&P15 Sport 5.56
    Product: Model M&P15 Sport™

Add the .22 LR conversion system for the above.... Now you have the best of both worlds....

Shoot more and spend less, convert your AR-15, .223 to .22-LR and save enough to pay for the conversion in about 1,000 rounds! Make your rifle dual purpose, in seconds you can convert your AR-15 to .22-LR and use your rifle for training, varmint hunting, sighting in, shooting with the family or low cost plinking.
    Yeah, I thought about doing that, but decided to go with the complete .22 rifle so I could keep my LMT together in one piece all the time.

I think I'm going to be working on my wallet memory...
    Oh yes, isn't it a sad thing. Money does talk, its always saying "Goodbye."
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

- Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links