My first rifle

This is a discussion on My first rifle within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well came home to Florida for vacation since I do deploy soon. Shoot Straight, a local gun store to Florida is having there 33rd anniversary ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By slidewayz240

Thread: My first rifle

My first rifle

Well came home to Florida for vacation since I do deploy soon. Shoot Straight, a local gun store to Florida is having there 33rd anniversary this weekend so I decided to go check them out. Walked in yesterday and took a look at the Sig 556 Swat Patrol version. It was the last one on the shelf. I look at it, fell in love. I came in with the intention of buying some kind of Dual piston AR setup as opposed to direct impingement. I looked at the guy and told him the cost of it wasnt that big of a deal but it was whether I wanted the Sig or some other AR. He then said if I wanted the Sig he would knock a hundred bucks off. Well okay! So I purchased that. Came back later in the evening to utilize there range and my wife bought me an Eotech 512 out of no where as an early Christmas/ Birthday present since I wont be here and I bought a Magpul AFG... this rifle is AWESOME!!!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Congrats - looks sweet!! I would say more if I had more knowledge of rifles and such, but still a noob when it comes to those, lol.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

My first rifle

Nice! Enjoy it.. I hope there are plenty of places where to go shooting
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    That is your first rifle? You can be my "wingman" any time!

stay safe!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Man! They must pay a lot better than they did back in my mil days. Nice pick up!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Cool!!!!!!

I like it.
    Glad you do as well. Sounds like your wife is a sweetie!
    Hope your deployment is safe and uneventful.
    Watch your six.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links