Threat to ban and confiscate AR15 and AK type firearms

This is a discussion on Threat to ban and confiscate AR15 and AK type firearms within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Without getting Political,There seems to be a renewed attempt to not only ban Defensive Rifles,but where Feinstein is calling for a confiscation of already owned ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By whoppo
  • 3 Post By Smitty901
  • 2 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: Threat to ban and confiscate AR15 and AK type firearms

Threat to ban and confiscate AR15 and AK type firearms

Without getting Political,There seems to be a renewed attempt to not only ban Defensive Rifles,but where Feinstein is calling for a confiscation of already owned firearms in civilian hands.
    Here is my Question,if they completely ban the rifles and not just the cosmetic features fron the "91" ban do you think it will put Companies like Bravo Company,PSA,Bushmaster,RRA,Red Jacket Firearms,and countless others out of business,and in effect put a lot of people out of work since even ammo sales may eventually take a hit in the 223,7.62x39,7.62x51 (308) calibers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Do you really think they give a rats butt....

My response to Ms. Feinstsein would be "good luck with that... Let us know how that works out for you."
    atctimmy and HairyPotter like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    +1 to Whoppo. All she is going to do is sell more of them.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    We still have a Republican Congress.
    Besides they have more important things to worry about

GH
    My son has a civilian M14. He & I agree that if a ban/confiscation goes in place he'll build a PVC box & bury it along with a bunch of ammo. I have plans of a smaller one for my pistols if it goes that far, lol. I think we gun owners have something to be worried about since this latest election.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Forget Congress they have nothing to say about it. You were told One more Justice and I will fix that . Bank on it.
    The 2nd we have a whole new meaning in 1-3 years. You can not spin it any other way.
    Remember it is 5 of 9 that make the rules.
    oneshot, ANGLICO and PPKman like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    My son has a civilian M14. He & I agree that if a ban/confiscation goes in place he'll build a PVC box & bury it along with a bunch of ammo. I have plans of a smaller one for my pistols if it goes that far, lol. I think we gun owners have something to be worried about since this latest election.
    So you and your sons are willing to disobey laws when they are inconvenient for you?

How does that make you any better than the beer thief a the local Stop and Rob or the tax cheat?

Or, how would that make you better than the guy who holds on to an illegally possessed 16 shotty?

Moving on, these topics are sort of silly as "it ain't gonna happen."
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Forget Congress they have nothing to say about it. You were told One more Justice and I will fix that . Bank on it.
    The 2nd we have a whole new meaning in 1-3 years. You can not spin it any other way.
    Remember it is 5 of 9 that make the rules.

^^^^Smitty^^^^^^^^^^

Lots of people dismiss these notions as febble minded; that no organization or government wishes the worlds population dissarmed.

They do not look around the world where it has happened on a repeated basis, and they look at the US form of government as immune from this action from happening.
    IMHO, this is short-sighted thinking
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    So you and your sons are willing to disobey laws when they are inconvenient for you?

How does that make you any better than the beer thief a the local Stop and Rob or the tax cheat?

Or, how would that make you better than the guy who holds on to an illegally possessed 16 shotty?

Moving on, these topics are sort of silly as "it ain't gonna happen."
    Not that it will come to that but: How can they be law breakers of a law or Chavezian edict that is illegally in defiance of the Constitution. Sounds like the twilight zone.

This one's going to have to be closed.

There's too much temptation to break Forum Rule No. 4 (avail yourself of a review of Forum rules above, the only heading item seen in green letters).

There's also too much temptation to descend into retaliatory political comments. I find myself personally tempted with posts already made here. Again, the little green "Forum Rules" list provided answers to any such posts. See Rule No. 9.

Worthwhile topics, these but not on Defensive Carry.
    atctimmy and Hopyard like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Links