Just purchased a M+M M10 AK-47 POS-6

This is a discussion on Just purchased a M+M M10 AK-47 POS-6 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is this a solid AK? I haven't received it yet As it being delivered. I Hear most guns shops have low or no inventory on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just purchased a M+M M10 AK-47 POS-6

Just purchased a M+M M10 AK-47 POS-6

Is this a solid AK? I haven't received it yet As it being delivered. I Hear most guns shops have low or no inventory on these rifles. I bought it mainly for when the SHTF. This rifle will no doubt protect my family under this situation. I hear posters on here stating to stay away from military style rifles. I am curious to this reasoning. I still can back out on this deal and just get a hand gun instead. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't think I have a clue about what you are referring to. Slow down, take a breath and start over with the full make and model of AK.

He did mention the make and model Timmay, here is one on buds, with a standard stock, as opposed to the collapsible stock: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...fl%1Fe+7.62x39

You should be fine with that rifle, they are Romanian recievers, with decent barrels, just make sure the front sight post isn't can't, and it feeds reliably.

Now, as for the rest of your post, you will notice that I edited some of it, and removed the parts pertaining to the current political climate. We don't allow discussion of politics here, so it was removed. Opinions on your rifle are fine, speculation about gun grabbing, not so much.

A rifle is a rifle, and a pistol is a pistol. If I have my choice, I will take a rifle to a gunfight everytime over a pistol. Yours should serve you well.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    The M+M thing threw me. It's a Romanian AK and M+M is the importer. Check.

@OP: Every house should have at least one black rifle. Yours looks fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

Get some extra steel magazines (30rd would be good), buy ammo by the case if you can (about $200 a case) and have fun. AK's eat anything, and 30rd mags could become scare. Congrats, and welcome!

The front site "cant" means the front site post should be exactly perpendicular to the barrel (90 degrees). Some "bad" AK's have slight slants or cants to the sight post.

mkh
    Not familiar with that rifle but the Romanian AKs are usually pretty good. Ad as was ponied out every house should have one.

One warning - don't be put off if it comes with a lot of cosmoline on it. Just clean it well and then shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Get some extra steel magazines (30rd would be good), buy ammo by the case if you can (about $200 a case) and have fun. AK's eat anything, and 30rd mags could become scare. Congrats, and welcome!

The front site "cant" means the front site post should be exactly perpendicular to the barrel (90 degrees). Some "bad" AK's have slight slants or cants to the sight post.
    I just picked up my first AK a few weeks ago and I have to ask... Why is everyone so gung ho about steel mags? My buddy swears by them. Only thing he will use. I ordered 7 tapco polymer mags and they weigh almost half as much as a steel mag. They are half the cost, feed as reliably (at least in my gun) and are impervious to the elements. Oh, and they are dent resistant. Is it one of those "Well, ABC is the original configuration" type of things or is there something I am missing?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

The steel mags I buy are used Comm-Bloc Mil-Sup and very cheap. Very. That's why. No other reason. Oh.........if I run out of ammo I can throw them
    accessbob likes this.

I went to Bud's last week to buy an M&M 10 but ended up buying my third WASR 10.The new 10/63 is head and shoulders above the old WASR 10 as far as fit and finish goes.Yesterday I was shooting 3" 5 shot groups with it, repeatedly.

Walk soft, you did not like the M+M? My rifle was not shipped yet and having second thoughts about getting a Colt AR instead. Any thoughts about switching or just stay with the AK?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC0351 View Post
    Walk soft, you did not like the M+M? My rifle was not shipped yet and having second thoughts about getting a Colt AR instead. Any thoughts about switching or just stay with the AK?
    Stop thread jumping. Let's take this talk to the new thread you just started. Shall we?

Hey I only have 2 hours to make a decision.

I looked at that rifle last week at a local gun shop. For the price it looked good. The finish wasn't as good as the arsenal ak. The finish on the barrel/muzzle didn't look as nice. It was $400 cheaper then the arsenal. I figure you could get it and if the paint isn't up to your standards just duracoat it, and save $$$ over the Arsenal ak.

I have read some good things about the M10 AK 47. The importer is out of Colorado and they are built from Romanian parts. You can google M10 and find out alot of information. I will be buying one myself with-in the next 10 days or so...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links