The Best Looking Ar15

This is a discussion on The Best Looking Ar15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Sticks Good gods. "Hey everyone, look at my !" All in fun, homeslice! I'll PM you about that other thing tomorrow. Still ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Best Looking Ar15

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Good gods. "Hey everyone, look at my !"

All in fun, homeslice!

I'll PM you about that other thing tomorrow. Still trying to get a few others on board...

No, I never painted that one. It was my work rifle until the upper, everything on it and the rest were stolen.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I think what he is saying is that he thinks your rifle looks like a tool. His point is that we don't usually talk about hammers or shovels like they are pretty. We usually talk about what we did with a hammer or shovel and that is what's pretty.

Your rifle does look nice, but I'd guess most of us want to know if she shoots nice.
    Although I have referred to a few tools as "Cute".

OP - As I said, good choice in rifle and optic. Safe queen or work it, you won't be disappointed.

I'll toss up a pic of my $2500 Mk12 that got laid in the mud and covered in dirt/dust over the weekend training class I took. I'm not even slightly worried about it. It'll wash off no problem and be none the worse for wear. Nothing like shooting scuba prone, ejection port down, surefire muzzle brake and a stout headwind to get some instant camouflage.

Jon - This going to turn into a group thing? All's good if so. Just need a timeline ASAP to get tickets.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I think what he is saying is that he thinks your rifle looks like a tool. His point is that we don't usually talk about hammers or shovels like they are pretty. We usually talk about what we did with a hammer or shovel and that is what's pretty.

Your rifle does look nice, but I'd guess most of us want to know if she shoots nice.

The word "Tool" did cross my mind while reading his post....

.... and it shoot very nice, about 400 rounds so far without any problems. Been a long time since I've spent much time shooting rifles so so far I'm the limiting factor in how acurate it is.
    atctimmy likes this.

[QUOTE=SCXDm9;2457471]Ghost Tracker.....I guess I'm not smart enough to get your point or you mine. I have no idea how smart you are, nor would I presume to guess. I'm simple proud of my new gun I agree, you should be and wanted others to see it and maybe like it too. If you don't like it please point-out the smallest reference that suggests THAT, that really is ok and if your point is just to be mean thats ok too. Please see my first post (#5) and check if I've insulted you or your rifle. Or if there's anything "mean-spirited" in any of my posts. Its a public forum, feel free to continue. Thanks, your permission is appreciated. I've seen and read enough to know an Ar can take a lot of punishment but I don't need to shove mud into mine to re-verify it. How did your ar perform full of dirt? If thats your bag... enjoy. It's not mine. Gee, I just wanted to know more, not less, about your rifle. I only asked that you tell us how it shoots & suggested that (admittedly IMHO) the AR platform's real "beauty" isn't in its color scheme or body lines but rather how well it does what it was designed to do...FIGHT! You're the one who jumped the fence & started telling us how it wasn't ever going to even get dirty. And yep, I did poke a fair amount of fun at that whole idea. But you're absolutely right, I apologize. What I meant to say is - "that's the most gorgeous AR variant I have ever laid eyes on & if I were you I'd keep a fresh coat of wax on it every Saturday until it shows up on Antiques Roadshow with your great-great grandkids and is worth a condo in Maui". I surely didn't mean to cause you such a fuss.

Heck, nobody's Grandkids are as good lookin'... as that AR. Even if it groups like a slingshot & chokes on cigar smoke, it surely is fine lookin'!

Seriously, no offense (past or present) intended.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    The word "Tool" did cross my mind while reading his post...
    Whoa! I guess there WAS some offense intended. There just wasn't any...from my end. That's okay, I had it comin'. After all, I DID call his carbine "Snookums".

Still apologizin' here boss.
    Last edited by ghost tracker; November 19th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

....wow....

And I thought I came across a bit harsh.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I'll toss up a pic of my $2500 Mk12
    If it looks any thing like the ones I saw when I googled Mk12... Id love to see... and shoot it and I'll do my best not to drop in the mud though I'm sure it can take it.

Ghost Tracker.... I'm a pretty simply guy with a fairly short attention span so your above post is way to long for me to read but if I have misjudged you or your intentions.......................I APOLOGIZE!!!!!!!!!

Mk12 after 2 day carbine training class.

God mud caked in it (natural color fill), dust covered, and smacked around on a VTAC barricade a bit.

No pot shots on the no name scope - it worked for what I needed it to do, and did better than I expected.

Cleaned right up. A few scuffs on the barrel and handguard, but otherwise none the worse for wear.
    SCXDm9 and JDE101 like this.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

I'll take the high-grade walnut shown at the bottom of the page on this link.
    IWDAR15
    Rock and Glock and JDE101 like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    Sorry, bmc... I love nice wood furniture as much as the next guy, but I think it looks terrible on an AR. But, as always, to each their own. :)
    atctimmy and jbum like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I swear, I tried (honest I did), to let y'all get all goo-goo eyed about an AR without saying anything else. But a high-grade walnut stock? Please, come on and tell me your kidding, right? What's next, mother-of-pearl inlays & full Ray Ward engraving? Fer Pete's sake, sure, you can put a diamond in a goat butt, but it's STILL...a goat's BUTT!
    JDE101 likes this.

Sweet rifle. I don't have a SIG AR-15, but I can tell you my Sig 556 Patrol rifle topped with a Nikon M223 scope runs flawlessly and will shoot sub-MOA. That said, here's what I consider to be the best looking AR-15: the original. Oh, and BTW, it shoots flawlessly. _DSC4451.jpg
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    Nice looking AR. Is it reliable in all the possible circumstances that it may be subject to? I am not a Sig associate but can your ar do this? The first half is Sig advertisement but the next half is a pretty good test. The sand test makes me cringe to do that to a perfectly good rifle.

PersonalSecurityZone.com: Sig Sauer SIG516 AR Rifle Features and Torture test - YouTube
    Drug a few Colts around in the sand and clay but it was not a test. Real sand and the Clay dust to two different issues. I have been buying the gas piston Rod AR/M4.
    Not against the old standard but they sure stay cleaner.
    Best looking I like them all I personally like to see them all the same color but it really makes no difference as long as you can shoot it well.
    The latest addition another US made Huldra gas piston. 16 inch nothing done to it yet The MARS sight may or may not stay on it

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    So far I have not seen an ugly AR15......

Here's mine.........
    Found the ugly one right here it is real
    Hello Kitty AR-15 - evil black rifle meets cute and cuddly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links