The Best Looking Ar15

The Best Looking Ar15

This is a discussion on The Best Looking Ar15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That I've ever owned! And the only one I've ever owned. Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The Best Looking Ar15

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

The Best Looking Ar15

That I've ever owned! And the only one I've ever owned.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

That is sweet!

Very nice!

Purty!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

True, that IS a nice AR variant. But ARs are now so, uh...ubiquitous that it's getting tougher to tell "pretty" from "ugly". IMHO, if it runs flawlessly, shoots accurately & remains anvil tough, then it's a beautiful as a...box full of bird dog puppies. Don't forget to tell us HOW IT SHOOTS!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Nice looking AR. Is it reliable in all the possible circumstances that it may be subject to? I am not a Sig associate but can your ar do this? The first half is Sig advertisement but the next half is a pretty good test. The sand test makes me cringe to do that to a perfectly good rifle.

PersonalSecurityZone.com: Sig Sauer SIG516 AR Rifle Features and Torture test - YouTube
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

I took up to my sisters place to shoot it the first time, since I put it together, in case it did something wrong. It was raining, cold and unsighted in so I got it close and pulled the trigger a bunch. I shot it about 200 times with no issues.

Took it to the range (indoor) yesterday and sighted it in (only 25yrds range) and its as accurate as I am... which isn't saying much. Shot about another 100 rounds. so I'm pretty happy with it. I don't hunt and I do not really bleive in any real SFTF stuff and if I had a bump in the night sort of thing I'm not going to get it out, I'll pick up my XDm.. so for me an AR is pretty much a toy

Lindy1933, it went bang everytime I pulled the trigger so its reliable as I think it needs to be. I will NEVER throw my gun into dirty, mud and or water or anything else I value.

Looks great! Congrats.

What brand is it and what optics, etc have you added? Hard to tell from your picture.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member
    and color coordinated.

who is your decorator?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I will NEVER throw my gun into dirty, mud and or water...
    Well that's great and all, but if YOU get thrown into "dirty, mud and or water" (unclear what that means) aren't you gonna' hang on to your oh-so valuable carbine? That's not a Souza Grade Ithaca you've built, it's a battle tool! IMHO, use it like one.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

For the most part Civilian AR's are not likely to get subjected to the same environments as somebody serving in combat that may be in a firefight in a thunderstorm and low crawling through the mud.
    When it comes to a quad rail there are several types,The free float tubes are rock steady and capable of holding a zero on any mounted laser/optics,others that replace the standard handguards by locking into the delta ring won't hold a zero,but for mounting VFG's or lights are plenty stable.
    CDNN has these that are good enough for mounting Lights and VFG's for cheap
    AR-15 Handguard Quad Rail 16" New Target Sports
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

So far I have not seen an ugly AR15......

Here's mine.........
    SCXDm9, Drgnfly, atctimmy and 1 others like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Both posted above look great! Jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Well that's great and all, but if YOU get thrown into "dirty, mud and or water" (unclear what that means) aren't you gonna' hang on to your oh-so valuable carbine? That's not a Souza Grade Ithaca you've built, it's a battle tool! IMHO, use it like one.

Sorry I'm a bit ignorant on Souza Grade Ithaca (Sousa) had to google it to see what that is... and you are correct its not a work of art but I am quite proud of it and to me is valuable. I will not be tossing it in to a mud hole just to amuse gun forum posters, however, it be great if you would post links to YouTubes your guns being battle tested.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links