Nikon P233 vs. Nikon Pro Staff scope

This is a discussion on Nikon P233 vs. Nikon Pro Staff scope within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just curious if anyone has tried out both of them and if it makes a difference. The 233 is specific for the AR15, and only ...

Just curious if anyone has tried out both of them and if it makes a difference.

The 233 is specific for the AR15, and only $20 more (but can't find them anywhere). If it is really better, I would have no problem spending the $ and waiting, but if it's not something that everyone really needs, then would just get the pro staff. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    Just curious if anyone has tried out both of them and if it makes a difference.

The 233 is specific for the AR15, and only $20 more (but can't find them anywhere). If it is really better, I would have no problem spending the $ and waiting, but if it's not something that everyone really needs, then would just get the pro staff. thanks.
    Can't speak for the P233, but I have 2 Pro-Staffs - a 3-9x50 on my .30-30 (Marlin 336) pig gun, and a 3-9x40 on my FNAR. Both of 'em are awesome scopes.

Regards,
    Jim

I've got a fixed 4X pro staff on my AR and i think it is a great scope and works well for me. I was planning on getting one of theP-223 or M-223 series, but found the pro staff on clearance for $70 and couldn't pass it up. If others say the P-223 is worth it, i can find another rifle to wear the pro staff. I'll be watching this thread.
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Someone on here posted about the P-223 a while ago, you might be able to find that thread. Walmart sells the p-223 fixed 3x in their scope section now, not in the glass case, but hanging on the wall.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I am in the NE. Walmart barely sells BBs in this part of the country. It is on the website thru another vendor supplier for a great price though. I will try to search for that thread and if i find it, I will repost.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    I am in the NE. Walmart barely sells BBs in this part of the country. It is on the website thru another vendor supplier for a great price though. I will try to search for that thread and if i find it, I will repost.
    Oh, sorry dude.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Links