Defensive Carry banner

Range Report: S&W MP-15-22LR

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Chaplain Scott 
#1 ·
OK, I had a chance to take my new 15-22 to the range today. I spent some time on the forum for 15-22s and it seems that some of the 15-22s are finicky with the .22 LR that they will take. I intentionally loaded different mags with different brands of ammo. The report is that it ate everything that I fed it :image035:

It is still amazing how fast you can burn thru mags doing firing drills (3 or 4 to COM and 1 to the head)---but it is surely cheaper with the 22 LR :danceban:

#2 ·
Glad to hear that your first range day with the new gun went well!
Love the 15-22... It's definitely on the never-sell list here :)

#6 ·
I love my 15-22 and mine has cycled everything ammo-wise that I've thrown at it as well. It has also shot 1" groups at 50 yards consistently. Great little gun!

#7 ·
A friend brought his over the other week and ate everything we put through it. Sent close to, if not more than 1,000 rounds through it without any hiccups. Man, does .22 ammo go by fast.

Sent from phone

#9 ·
Yup !!! BUT, the regular 5.56/.223 can go by just as quick and the .22 LR is a whole lot cheaper--:image035:

You know, if they chambered this little rifle for 22 Mag, it would be a pretty awesome little weapon.

#8 ·
Mine was amazing for the first 1000 rounds, then something bad started happening. It started to jam like crazy and double fire every magazine. Three call tags and 1.5 years later I finally sent it in, and quickly got it back. It appears a new bolt assembly was installed, and possibly a disconnector. I hope she runs again! It was a fun rifle to shoot and I want to teach the wife how to handle an AR15. I may get one of the M&P 22lr pistols as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.