Range Report: S&W MP-15-22LR

This is a discussion on Range Report: S&W MP-15-22LR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, I had a chance to take my new 15-22 to the range today. I spent some time on the forum for 15-22s and it ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Chaplain Scott

Thread: Range Report: S&W MP-15-22LR

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

OK, I had a chance to take my new 15-22 to the range today. I spent some time on the forum for 15-22s and it seems that some of the 15-22s are finicky with the .22 LR that they will take. I intentionally loaded different mags with different brands of ammo. The report is that it ate everything that I fed it

It is still amazing how fast you can burn thru mags doing firing drills (3 or 4 to COM and 1 to the head)---but it is surely cheaper with the 22 LR
    darbo, rocky and Jgriner like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member
    Glad to hear that your first range day with the new gun went well!
    Love the 15-22... It's definitely on the never-sell list here :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

The 15-22 is probably the rifle I shoot most at the range and it's the one everyone wants to try. Just plain fun and I like that the controls mirror the AR. They aren't just for "show".

I'm glad your first day with the 15-22 went well. I would truly like to have one of those. One day when I get back to work it will happen!

I love my 15-22 so much that it was just a "gateway rifle" that led me to purchasing the M&P 15 a few weeks later.

Myk
    I love my 15-22 and mine has cycled everything ammo-wise that I've thrown at it as well. It has also shot 1" groups at 50 yards consistently. Great little gun!
    "When they bury me, make sure they bury me with my guns on. Im gonna need em. Cause when I get to the other side, there's some things that need straightening out." ~Bobaflex~

Re: Range Report: S&W MP-15-22LR

A friend brought his over the other week and ate everything we put through it. Sent close to, if not more than 1,000 rounds through it without any hiccups. Man, does .22 ammo go by fast.

Sent from phone
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Mine was amazing for the first 1000 rounds, then something bad started happening. It started to jam like crazy and double fire every magazine. Three call tags and 1.5 years later I finally sent it in, and quickly got it back. It appears a new bolt assembly was installed, and possibly a disconnector. I hope she runs again! It was a fun rifle to shoot and I want to teach the wife how to handle an AR15. I may get one of the M&P 22lr pistols as well.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    A friend brought his over the other week and ate everything we put through it. Sent close to, if not more than 1,000 rounds through it without any hiccups. Man, does .22 ammo go by fast.

Sent from phone
    Yup !!! BUT, the regular 5.56/.223 can go by just as quick and the .22 LR is a whole lot cheaper--

You know, if they chambered this little rifle for 22 Mag, it would be a pretty awesome little weapon.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links