Different (for me) type of action.

This is a discussion on Different (for me) type of action. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've shot mostly semi-autos and revolvers over the past 40 years; each time you pull the trigger, a round fires. Bought a Mossberg Maverick 88 ...

Thread: Different (for me) type of action.

I've shot mostly semi-autos and revolvers over the past 40 years; each time you pull the trigger, a round fires.

Bought a Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge pump last week for home defense. Took it to the range yesterday: Squeeze trigger - bang!, squeeze trigger - dang! (pump), squeeze trigger - bang!

LOL - I'm sure I'll get used to it after shooting a bunch of clay - hopefully over the next few weeks.

My 17 year old son had a great time shooting it. He's 6'3" and weighs 135 lbs. First shot made him take a step backward (yeah, I recorded it )

I bought it with the 28" vented barrel. Ordered the 18.5" barrel the same day, should be here tomorrow.

Good choice. Lots of fun to be had on the sporting clay range.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Working the action is something that you get used to, same with a bolt action.

My first shotgun was a Mossberg 500 and after having it for just 5 years it's muscle memory to work the slide. I think I can run my pump as fast as I can a semi-auto, the main factor being getting back on target with 12 gauge hunting rounds.

My son and I shot sporting clays with it today. What a blast! I did once before about 3 years ago. His first time. He beat me 8-1 on 25 clays. Pretty humbling. The gun didn't miss a beat (and I didn't forget to cycle it).

Links