Windham Weaponry Factory Tour - Page 3

Windham Weaponry Factory Tour

This is a discussion on Windham Weaponry Factory Tour within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would enjoy seeing the inside of a more established facility, such as Colt, BCM, exc. so that I have a point of reference. I ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 116
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Windham Weaponry Factory Tour

  1. #31
    Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern AZ
    Posts
    1,008
    I would enjoy seeing the inside of a more established facility, such as Colt, BCM, exc. so that I have a point of reference. I haven't heard of people complaining of WW's, and they certainly are about 800 bucks at Walmart, but on the other hand if I am going to drop that sort of cash I'm just going to spring for the 1000 dollar gun. That's just me though.

    As always, the video was certainly informative, and we all appreciate your hard work and dedication to providing good info and reviews.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker


  2. #32
    Member Array sammage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    I would enjoy seeing the inside of a more established facility, such as Colt, BCM, exc. so that I have a point of reference. I haven't heard of people complaining of WW's, and they certainly are about 800 bucks at Walmart, but on the other hand if I am going to drop that sort of cash I'm just going to spring for the 1000 dollar gun. That's just me though.
    Here's a Noveske factory tour (not too serious the first minute, but good info after). Noveske Rifle Works Tour - YouTube
    Look at that, torque wrenches and precise headspace gauges!

  3. #33
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    I'm not a member of M4C. You have your facts wrong.
    Interesting, your original post is nearly verbatim of a post made on the M4C forum with the exact same criticisms of the video including the statement about the assembler "bending" the gas tube. I apologize for making that connection.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  4. #34
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    I've had 117 customers come to me with broken commercial tubes. The commercial tubes have slop because they are not in spec, to mil spec, and I've handled plenty of them. I've assembled close to 2,000 AR15 style weapons in my career so far. It's a known fact that commercial tubes have more slop and brea more readily than mil spec tubes.
    So this is a general statement about any number of commercial tubes, that or you're making reference to the diameter differences. The commercial tube will be a few thousands thicker, so if anything it fits milspec stocks more tightly. If you're talking about commercial tubes having variances, this is probably true since they come from countless difference sources. What you haven't proven is that WW tubes are either sloppy or poorly made.

    I've got nearly a half million rounds downrange while developing my commercial ammunition ranging from 1/7 to 1/14 ROT. My findings are the 1/7 twist is superior.
    I would *love* to see that data. I've seen two other tests that show no measurable differences between the two with 55gr and 62gr bullets. If you have something proving the contrary, I would love to publish it for others to see.


    Yes I have sighted in with an M4 type using the incorrect A2 FSB. With some work, as usual, I was able to zero them. This however did not maintain proper POA/POI, as usual. That little fraction of an inch matters at distance and goes to show what corners are cut for the sake of a price point match. Look at your picture and note the quality difference between the Colt FSB and the other FSB. The Colt FSB is clearly more uniform in composition, thus higher quality. That FSB on the right looks like crap compared to the Colt.
    At what range do you see the shift of POI/POA? 300 yards? 400 yards? 500 yards?

    I've have many customers come in with end plates backing off because they weren't staked. This is a simple procedure, like you said, and isn't rocket science, yet most manufacturers skip this step. It's the basic assembly process. The reason it's staked is to prevent movement.
    I suspect your customers have loosened their castle nuts. I've never seen a properly seated nut back off -- ever. None of my rifles have them staked these days because I remove the staking to swap stocks out and I've never seen one back off. If it did, I would restake it. At 40 inch/lbs of torque it's not coming off.



    I've sold maybe 300 or so Colt rifles and none had HG ledges. Other brands, yikes!
    ...and you checked every one for slight ledges. Uh-huh. I'm having a hard time swallowing that particular pill.


    Looked to me like bending. Either way, if you need a pliers to install a gas tube, it's either out of spec or you're a poor assembler that doesn't know what he's doing.
    I guess that's why Brownells sells this tool, because it's only used by poor assemblers? Curious.

    AR-15/M16/AR-STYLE .308 GAS TUBE WRENCH | Brownells

    So they modified a set of pliers to do the same thing, I fail to see the issue here.


    MSRP. You should be familiar with that. If the street price of a WW is $800, they're cutting corners plain and simple. I do have experience with the weapons in question. I make good money fixing them and bringing them up to spec to make them run reliably. No experience with the weapon in question? I've fixed dozens of WW weapons. Again, you lied. I have never admitted to the effect that I have no experience with WW weapons yet you insist I have done so. I'd like to see where you claim I have admitted to such.
    I'm quite familiar with MSRP. I also know that Windham rifles sell for $799 and Colts sell for $1,100 on the street, a concept you should be acutely aware of being "in the business".

    I didn't lie, I made a mistake given the nearly verbatim post you made both in content and in structure to a M4C post. That post was made by a guy who has been following me from M4C to other forums and my channel making the same comments. For me to *lie* I would have to tell an untruth intentionally, at least according to the dictionary.

    I apologize if the M4C poster isn't you.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  5. #35
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    553
    I grabbed 3 Colt rifles to re-inspect and sure enough, each had slight ledges. So I grabbed a sample rifle, a LE6920, and took some pics.



    As you can see not only does a ledge exist, but it also has a slight molding flaw in the lower handguard. I have a very hard time believing 300 rifles were sold and each one inspected for slight ledges on the handguard (why would you even check for this?) and none of them had the same ledges present in this image.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  6. #36
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Here's a Noveske factory tour (not too serious the first minute, but good info after). Noveske Rifle Works Tour - YouTube
    Look at that, torque wrenches and precise headspace gauges!
    Are you saying WW doesn't head space their rifles? On what do you base this assumption?
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  7. #37
    Senior Member Array munch520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    584
    No offense to MAC...but I don't know if that Noveske tour can be topped

    Helloooo ladies
    Drgnfly likes this.
    Monotony is the awful reward for the careful

    How can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods?

  8. #38
    Member Array sammage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    Are you saying WW doesn't head space their rifles? On what do you base this assumption?
    Didn't say that WW doesn't headspace; the assumption, if any, is yours. Just stating that Noveske showing in a video their use of precision measurements instills confidence in the quality of their product.
    remington79 likes this.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    No offense to MAC...but I don't know if that Noveske tour can be topped

    Helloooo ladies
    None taken! A whole video of the Noveske girls would probably be quite popular on the interwebs.
    munch520 and thephanatik like this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  10. #40
    Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Didn't say that WW doesn't headspace; the assumption, if any, is yours. Just stating that Noveske showing in a video their use of precision measurements instills confidence in the quality of their product.
    The post was a question, hence the question mark.

    I didn't see any air gauges or bore scopes in the Noveske video checking for flaws or imperfections in the barrels, does this imply a lack of quality control in their barrel making processes? How does the presence of a go/no-go gauge in the video inspire confidence in quality but the presence of an air gauge in the WW video doesn't? I'm not sure I follow your logic.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

  11. #41
    Member Array HardLuck682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Missouri, United States
    Posts
    51

    Windham Weaponry Factory Tour

    Well I'll ask, Mac did you witness them HP/MP testing barrels or even checking headspace with gauges?

    I'm not trying to stir anything up, just asking if he saw, and if possible give a reason why it wasn't included in the video. A bad headspace can lead to catastrophic failure and injury to the operator.



    ...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

  12. #42
    Member Array HardLuck682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Missouri, United States
    Posts
    51

    Windham Weaponry Factory Tour

    Also, correct torque for a castle nut is 40 Ft/Lb, NOT inch pounds. That spec in inch pounds would equate to 3-1/3 foot pounds, lighter than opening a bottle of soda. Also, it's listed in ft/lbs in several armorer manuals, as well has what I was briefed in 2 armorers courses I've taken.

    Just trying to clarify any miscommunication.



    ...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

  13. #43
    los
    los is online now
    VIP Member Array los's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Posts
    2,495
    Funny, there are reports hitting a few AR forums (M4 included) regarding Colt rifles inadvertently being shipped with unstaked gas keys.

    just saying...
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  14. #44
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gastonville
    Posts
    6,736
    This thread is getting...well it's pretty much going around in circles.

  15. #45
    Member Array HardLuck682's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Missouri, United States
    Posts
    51

    Windham Weaponry Factory Tour

    Ios, I saw that one too on M4C. It also sounds like the owner is getting the runaround from Colt as well.

    Edit: now Colt is sending an advance BCG to the owner, and paying for return shipping of the old BCG.


    ...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

coyotes with windham weponry
,
does windam weapon ar come with mil spec buffer tube
,
high res images windham weaponry
,
is the windham weaponry mpc mil spec?
,
kart 1911 barrels
,
where to buy windham weaponry
,
who sells windam weaponry in indiana
,

windham weaponry

,
windham weaponry dealersin wisconsin
,
windham weaponry factor tour
,
windham weaponry in stock
,

windham weaponry quality

Click on a term to search for related topics.