Question Regarding AR's Sold At Wal-Mart - Page 3

Question Regarding AR's Sold At Wal-Mart

This is a discussion on Question Regarding AR's Sold At Wal-Mart within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by CJM It's the same 6920 you will find anyplace else. Colt, Sig, and others do not make special runs just to sell ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Question Regarding AR's Sold At Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    It's the same 6920 you will find anyplace else. Colt, Sig, and others do not make special runs just to sell them cheaper to Walmart. It's pure foolishness.
    +1

Colt Defense produces the same rifles with the same great quality. Some have different markings/rollmarks.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Now, before you guys laugh, I was only wondering if you've ever seen a Wal-Mart have Colt LE 6920's in stock. I have a bet riding on this.

I had a hard time finding my Colt AR. Couldn't find one at any of my favorite gun shops, so I had to order it from Top Gun Supply out of OH.

Today, a friend tells me that they sell them at Wal-Mart and I said "no way".

So, have any of you ever seen a Wal-mart sell Colt AR's? And if so, do the Colt's have modified standards? Or, is it the very same Colt LE 6920?
    They are real Colt rifles. Colt doesn't have an assembly line just for Wal-Mart AR's, they are the same rifles Colt sells elsewhere. They aren't factory rejects or full of out of spec parts as I've heard people say.

The only difference between a LE6920 and a 6920 are the markings on the lower. During the AWB years Colt manufactured the 6920 with all the evil features that were banned for civilian sales and sold them only to those legally able to buy rifles under the ban such as police departments. After the ban expired, these "LE" marked rifles were desirable because folks thought they were cool so Colt continued to make them with these markings. Colt at one time discontinued the LE marked guns but brought them back due to popular demand. Recently Colt said it was discontinuing the production of the LE marked guns again, but I still see them out there. There must be some still in the distribution network trickling out.

The current crop of "LE" guns will be marked M4 Carbine but will have LE in the serial number prefix. They will lack the "restricted military/government law enforcement use only" roll mark on the right side of the mag well. They also won't have the model name of "Colts Law Enforcement Carbine" but instead will have "M4 Carbine" stamped on the left side of the gun. There are some transitional guns that will lack the right side "restricted" magazine roll mark but will still be marked "Colt Law Enforcement Carbine". These are pretty cool and will likely be collectable down the road.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

As I posted before this is what they looked like when the ban was in place I have seen sellers trying to get 1600 or more for them just because of the stamp Maybe some would pay 600 more of it but I would not pay a dime more. It is still the same weapon.

colt2.jpgmy walmart has them, here is the one I got from them, ie walmart

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Wether or not YOUR Walmart carries them will depend on location. Big city, probably not, in the smaller towns out towards the country, you bet.
    Walk softly ...

Darn nice looking gun. One day I'll get one.

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    colt2.jpgmy walmart has them, here is the one I got from them, ie walmart
    Would you mind telling us what kind/brand of sight you put on it? Nice looking rifle, BTW. I just got one on Saturday from Gander Mtn., and discovered my old eyes need a little "help". I just can't see the iron sights like I use to when I was in the Army and shot a M1 and M14.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

LOL, it's a 20 yr old BSA. And it worked out really well. It still has the orig. battery in it also..... I bought it from midway, back in the 90's never used it till now.
    The red dot is really sharp, it only goes to a starburst on the #12 high setting. I am waiting for the vortex strikefire to come on and then it's back in the closet again.
    But for around $50 bucks 20 yrs. ago it's not bad. it held zero after 100 rds and took it off and back on for another 100 rds. still on zero. if i could buy it again I'd say yes.
    It has a 1/2 riser rail under it, for co-witness. the only bad thing and I would say due to age is the optics are blue. but then again, it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Now, before you guys laugh, I was only wondering if you've ever seen a Wal-Mart have Colt LE 6920's in stock. I have a bet riding on this.

I had a hard time finding my Colt AR. Couldn't find one at any of my favorite gun shops, so I had to order it from Top Gun Supply out of OH.

Today, a friend tells me that they sell them at Wal-Mart and I said "no way".

So, have any of you ever seen a Wal-mart sell Colt AR's? And if so, do the Colt's have modified standards? Or, is it the very same Colt LE 6920?
    Yep... you lost that bet.. sold here as well, and it's the same Colt .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Just got an LE6920 with Magpul furniture at Wally-World this evening!

Regards,
    Jim
    scgunlover1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Just got an LE6920 with Magpul furniture at Wally-World this evening!

Regards,
    Jim
    I was going to add to this thread that I saw a 6920 decked out in Magpul furniture the other day. Only $100 more and it had a flip down rear sight, and the stock, grip and hand guard in green. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    I was going to add to this thread that I saw a 6920 decked out in Magpul furniture the other day. Only $100 more and it had a flip down rear sight, and the stock, grip and hand guard in green. Very cool!
    Actually, it was only $70 more!

I just added a post about it, "Another Wally-World AR"...

Regards,
    Jim

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Actually, it was only $70 more!

I just added a post about it, "Another Wally-World AR"...

Regards,
    Jim
    Yes, I've seen Colts at the WW by me for about $1K. Don't recall if it was Magpul'ed or not? I've almost got a full pig to bust open and buy my first BR.....FINALLY ! ! !

A Magpul'ed Colt for about $1.1k is a great buy

So I'm going to try not to hurt the pig too much when I empty it so I can re-use it to start re-filling for the next thing on my wishlist

Do new manufacture Colts still have the larger hammer and trigger pins and the lower block like they did years ago?

A 6920 for around $1100? Not a bad price if you are in the market. I personally can't stand WalMart, but if I was in the market, I could stomach it for long enough to make the purchase.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links