PMAG's

This is a discussion on PMAG's within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty To Be honest I would buy some replacement springs if you can afford it due to the fact that over time ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PMAG's

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    To Be honest I would buy some replacement springs if you can afford it due to the fact that over time from shooting they will wear out,and with never knowing if they will ban 30 round mags in the near future it never hurts to make sure you have spare components
    Good point in that magazines are disposable wear items. Although doubtful magazine components will be banned, even in Commiefornia you can get parts.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwinnraptor View Post
    I have 4 of them and always keep them loaded with 30. I have read numerous sites saying it wont hurt anything......i mean obliviously i wont leave them like that for 10 years without ever shooting them....but for the amount of time youll keep them loaded it wont hurt them.
    It won't hurt anything. I even had some USGI mags that were loaded to capacity for at least 10 years that will worked fine when I dusted them off and took them to the range. Cycling the springs is what breaks them down.

With the PMAG be sure to store them with the caps locked firmly in place that covered the rounds. This cap removes the pressure of the rounds being pushed up on the feed lips which are made of polymer and will deform over time if stored without the cap in place.
    Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links