AR15 Carbine handguards - Page 3

AR15 Carbine handguards

This is a discussion on AR15 Carbine handguards within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 ....AR's are so much fun you can play dress up with them for years. It's like Barbies for men! ;-)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AR15 Carbine handguards

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    ....AR's are so much fun you can play dress up with them for years.
    It's like Barbies for men!

;-)

VIP Member
    Pictues as promised
    carbines twins.jpg
    The Stainless barrel is the .300 it got the new ( used ) Knights Armament rails
    My carbine has the UTB guards from Fleet Farm $54.99, Not bad hand guards but the Knights are much nicer.
    I decided to put the lighter ones on the .300 since it is so light with the huge hole for the 308 cal bullet. I may rethink it later.

The aim-point is not zeroed in yet. I am not sure where I want to place it. Since I have the flat top and the rail hand guards ( I have options)

(one last point, My bad: the safety is in the fire position on my Carbine not a good example of a safe rifle )

If you're stuck with a carry handle and don't want to swap out the upper with a stripped flat top receiver, I'd strongly suggest a carry handle cantilever mount. It mounts to the top of the handle then drops down in front of it, giving you a cowitness with your optic. I'd steer clear of mounting an optic on the handguard, especially a drop in handguard.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Just bought an MOE today. Wasn't sure about them at first, but after reading so many positive reviews I decided to try it, glad I did. Feels great, looks great, very light yet durable, fits nicely, plenty of options for adding rails. I'm sure most $150-200 hand guards are better, but it seems very good quality for only $30.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    If you're stuck with a carry handle and don't want to swap out the upper with a stripped flat top receiver, I'd strongly suggest a carry handle cantilever mount. It mounts to the top of the handle then drops down in front of it, giving you a cowitness with your optic. I'd steer clear of mounting an optic on the handguard, especially a drop in handguard.
    funny I have one in the drawer, going to try it out tonight. forgot all about it. thanks!

AR15 Carbine handguards

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    There's no comparing a $60 handguard (less the MOE) to a $200 handguard. Weight, rigidity, durability, quality of materials, the company itself, etc., all come into play here.
    I would agree for the most part. However part of the fun of AR's is finding great deals on parts. It seems a lot of parts (hand guards , stocks) are like holsters. No one has just one. I have picked parts up in Craigslist that last for $90.00 for $10.00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you only own one I suppose you get it setup and go with . But when you own more than one your always messing with one. You think it is the way it should be then you try something else. It as bad as Owning a Harley very few can just leave it be.
    I need another to put some of these parts on.

I have all my rifles set up the same. But, there is one, which is strictly a training rifle, that I'll try new stuff on. I like to be able to pick up any AR (though precision ARs can be different) and everything be the same, whether it's the 10.5", 14.5" or 16".
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links