Ar platform question

This is a discussion on Ar platform question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm in the process of building a .223/5.56 ar-15. I am not finished with it and am actually still down to the stripped lower. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By atctimmy

Thread: Ar platform question

Ar platform question

I'm in the process of building a .223/5.56 ar-15. I am not finished with it and am actually still down to the stripped lower. I have an opportunity to pick up a stripped lower for a 6.5 grendel caliber and was curious as to the advantages of the caliber. any suggestions would rock!

I farted indeed sirs.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I believe a stripped lower will work for any caliber in the AR 15 family or cartridges. Just because it's marked 6.5 Grendel doesn't mean that's what you have to make it.

As far as the Grendel goes: It is a great round with very good long range performance. It is proprietary though and expensive compared to other more common rounds.
    gasmitty likes this.

Timmy's right on the mark... until you get into the .308-sized rounds (AR-10 platform), the lowers are common to [nearly] all.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Well the lower I have is for .223/556 I just saw it online and thought it was a pretty good deal. I'm still like I said trying to piece together an ar15 already and have ALOT to go!

Thanks for the responses guys! Sorry it took me a min to get back to the post

Do your research, and for the love of the gods, don't skimp on quality.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links