Question about AR slings. 2pt or 1pt? - Page 2

Question about AR slings. 2pt or 1pt?

This is a discussion on Question about AR slings. 2pt or 1pt? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Found this video with a quick search. This is how we used to shoot the 65 point scoring system in the mid 2000s before switching ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Question about AR slings. 2pt or 1pt?

Found this video with a quick search. This is how we used to shoot the 65 point scoring system in the mid 2000s before switching back the 250 point system. You can mark your adjustable sling for different lengths you use best in different shooting positions....there are lots of tricks out there.

Mike Thompson "How to Use a Hasty Sling" - YouTube

Austin

CJM
    Single point slings serve one purpose...to hit your self in the franks and beans as a constant reminder that you should have bought a 2 point sling.
    aus71383 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by remington79 View Post
    No when I let go the rifle is in front of me across my chest with the muzzle pointed at the ground to the left. I'm right handed so the stock is well above where my pistol is.
    so is the rifle upside down or rightside up?

nm i see pic now

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    We were always trained to keep the rifle in our hands. The only time we slung the rifle was for administrative purposes. Of course, we were not issued a pistol - so transitioning to pistol was not a concern.

I still keep my rifle in my hands (old habits) - I do not like to "wear" the rifle. Plus, in a CQB situation, it becomes difficult to use the rifle as an impact weapon if you are wearing it - and it gives your opponent something to grab onto and leverage you around. Of course, retention is better if you are "wearing" the rifle.

If I need to transition to pistol, I simply fling the rifle over my shoulder - the muzzle ends up pointing to the ground behind me and to my left. There are different techniques for this, and I do not want the thread to turn into a debate on which is the "best" way. I use a simple two-point sling.
    Thank you Top Out.

I have no tactical/military background, but I have recently picked up coyote hunting and my AR fits the bill perfectly. I have a 2-point sling (forget the brand, nothing fancy) and pretty much the entire time I'm in the woods I have it across my chest, basically the same way a single point would position it. I don't have a bipod/sticks yet so when I sit I keep it the same way to keep it accessible but it's still comfortable. I considered picking up a single point but it would pretty much limit the gun to my chest all the time, which I decided would be very annoying for what I'm primarily using my AR for. My 2 cents.

Another vote for the VCAS and two point slings in general. Had a single point and hated it.

JMB
    AdBro,

You can go to YouTube and find Blue Force Gear, who makes the Vickers Combat Application Sling (VCAS) and Viking Tactics, who makes the VTAC, they both have demos of the slings.

I'm just a dude, with no real tactical needs other than self defense. But I enjoy accessorizing my AR... I bought a Magpul MS3, which can be switched between two point or single point.

I have learned the hasty method in an Appleseed course, and I use it with my two point sling sometimes while hunting. Either way I still like having the single point option, for grins if anything. I imagine if I take an AR course I may actually learn how to utilize it.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    So you WEAR the gun behind you? Do you shoot with your right side?
    I do not "wear" the rifle at all. I carry it in my hands, if I think I'm going to possibly need to use it. That's how we were trained, and I see no reason to change that now.

The only time I would sling my rifle is for administrative purposes, or in order to transition to pistol.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VTAC is my vote! Versatile is the word.
    I have one on my AR and one on my 870 too.
    On my AR, I can attach all the way out near the end of my 13-inch rail or closer to the receiver with QD mounts.
    Viking Tactics Sling - Instructional Video - YouTube
    I'll keep my freedom, my liberty, and my guns. You can keep the change.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    VCAS. I have the padded version that while very comfortable, has more of a limit on adjust-ability than the non-padded version. If I had it to do over, I would go non-padded.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Right now mine is attacked to the area under the F sight and to the bottom of my stock. I'm thinking of a new place of attaching the back as it's awkward if I lift it up to shoot from resting.

Vickers BlueForce 2 point for me, at 5'8 I have found the one points allow the muzzle to hit the ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links