Another Wally-World AR - Page 2

Another Wally-World AR

This is a discussion on Another Wally-World AR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rocky Nice looking Colt. Pull back on the delta ring(back of hanguard) and they should pull out. You may need someone else ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Another Wally-World AR

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Nice looking Colt.

Pull back on the delta ring(back of hanguard) and they should pull out. You may need someone else to help to get the hand guards off as it can be a tight fit.
    You weren't kidding! I put mine on this morning, and it was a bit of a chore! Also had to hunt around a bit to find an Allen wrench with a long enough shank to reach up through the grip. But now that it's on there, I like it!

Regards,
    Jim

That's a pretty nifty AR. All the AR's at my local Walmart are about 50 bucks more all around. Same goes for handguns, gets kinda old hearing about new 1911's selling for 100 dollars cheaper everywhere except my LGS, still id love to get the colt AR, I'm sure its worth the extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    That's a pretty nifty AR. All the AR's at my local Walmart are about 50 bucks more all around. Same goes for handguns, gets kinda old hearing about new 1911's selling for 100 dollars cheaper everywhere except my LGS, still id love to get the colt AR, I'm sure its worth the extra money.
    How much are they at your Wally-World? I usually patronize my LGS, but they wanted $100 more for the base model, and about $135 more for the MP setup. The owner even told me that I might get a better deal at Wal-Mart!

The Walmarts around here have all had the base LE6920 for $1097 on and off lately. With the Magpul stuff it was $1167. Mine's the first one I've seen (at W-M) w/the Magpul options.

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    I'm not knowledgble of ARs. Is the Colt $500 better than the S&W M&P Sport?
    IMO yes they are. Colt has built ARs for the military since about 1963 and builds all of their rifles the same way at Colt Defense.

The Colt you buy at Walmart is the same you'd buy in a gunshop.

Colt ARs are the standard by which all other ARs are judged.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Ex Member
    If you are in to THOSE types of guns that's a pretty good deal. I prefer the REAL serious weapons.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    My local wally world has a couple of Sigs
    m400 for $897
    the the other model escapes my feeble mind it's $947

I am thinking of buying the Sig M400. I think ours is $897 as well. They have a Windham that is stock, no sights or optics for $700. Mine had a Colt and Bushmaster too. Maybe a DPMS, can't remember. The Sig M400 has the CP2 Prismatic Optics, but no iron sights. I am thinking of going with the Sig and maybe picking up a M&P Sport sometime soon as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links