black rain

This is a discussion on black rain within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; has anyone shot or owns one of these ar been looking on internet not much info...

Thread: black rain

black rain

has anyone shot or owns one of these ar been looking on internet not much info

2. Remove Ads

black rain

I just bought one yesterday, I'll be shooting it this weekend. It's my first AR, other than what I've shot in the military. I like the look of it, and was happy with the deal I got. I'll let you know how it shoots once I make it to the range.

Very good looking receiver! My only beef with the Black Rain (at least one of their FALLOUT15 models) is that the lower edges of the trigger guard where your middle finger would rest when shooting is very sharp. That part of your finger takes a lot of stress from the gun when reloading and manipulating the gun, and this design is going to hurt you bad when you run your gun. If they bevel that edge a bit, I'd love to own one.

black rain

I meant to post my range results earlier, but my first visit was for the break in. I actually read the manual, and the break in took 90 mins. Some people told me it was unnecessary, but I followed it anyway.

I found it to shoot very well, and got my iron sights and red dot sighted in very quickly. It also felt very good to me, I put this down to the Magpul accessories.

I also did not have any issues with the sharpness on the lower receiver. It is sharp though, and I was concerned about it before I got to shoot. I can definitely see how some could have a problem with this.

Bear in mind that the only other AR's I have shot are military issued M16's, that do not come with Magpul accessories...at least not the ones I have been issued. I think this was the biggest difference in feel for me. I was able to get it sighted in faster than ones I've been issued.

This is definitely a quality rifle, the components all seem to be good quality. It also has a very solid feel to it. I would absolutely recommend this brand to anyone looking at them. Depending on the deal of course. I did not pay the prices I saw on their website, I got mine for $1675 OTD. I haven't seen them anywhere else, so I don't know if that was a great deal but I was happy with it.

Sorry for the delay, and if you have any other questions let me know.

Links