Need help deciding on optic for 300BLK SBR

This is a discussion on Need help deciding on optic for 300BLK SBR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am about to begin my 300BLK SBR build and am at the point where I want to decide on which optics to put on ...

Thread: Need help deciding on optic for 300BLK SBR

Need help deciding on optic for 300BLK SBR

I am about to begin my 300BLK SBR build and am at the point where I want to decide on which optics to put on it.

I have my choices narrowed down to either a Trijicon AccuPoint 1-4x w/ either green triangle or green crosshair, or an Aimpoint T1 w/ 2MOA dot.

I am wanting to use this rifle for close range, but also want to be able to make 300 yard (max) shots.

Also, I will be wanting to run some flip-up back up iron sights (probably Troy), I know with the right mount (Larue) co-witness is possible with the Aimpoint, but what about the Trijicon on 1X magnification?

Does anyone have experience with one or both of these sights, and would you be so kind as to share your experiences with me? Any help is appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

CJM
    Aimpoint FTW. Perfect for close up social work, and can be utilized for the longer shots too. Pick a zero, learn your POA/POI at different distances and let the brass fly. The trijicon is probably a great sight, but Aimpoint's are the bee's knees.

Links