m&p 15 sport?

This is a discussion on m&p 15 sport? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think the Sport is a pretty good buy if you get it at more like $600. For $700, I'll spend just a bit more ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: m&p 15 sport?

I think the Sport is a pretty good buy if you get it at more like $600. For $700, I'll spend just a bit more and get a PSA, which has significantly better specs. The Sport is a good rifle, as long as it is had in the right price range. Pay too much and you've eliminated the entire point of the gun.

2. Remove Ads

My M&P Sport has functioned flawlessly with a mixture of steel and brass casings. My main reason for purchasing the the sport is because I was able to get a ridiculously good deal on mine. I paid $600 dollars for mine which was lightly used and it came with a EoTech XPS-2 holographic sight. I can't think of any reason not to get a sport if you can snag a good deal on one. However, depending how how good a deal you can get I don't see anything wrong with getting a mil spec rifle for a few hundred dollars more.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    You want to buy a $700.00 S&W M&P 15 Sport, when you have been pointed to a $700.00 PSA M4 Carbine? That's just crazy talk right there.
    i wanted to buy a M&P 15 sport beforehand. i am open to suggestions and im not set in stone with a decision. i am new to ARs and this will be my first one. i was thinking of the M&P 15 because i think s&w makes quality products.
    ruger91

NRA member

I just bought an M&P 15 Sport today at my LGS for $650. This is my first AR and I'm happy I was able to find one at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger91 View Post
    i wanted to buy a M&P 15 sport beforehand. i am open to suggestions and im not set in stone with a decision. i am new to ARs and this will be my first one. i was thinking of the M&P 15 because i think s&w makes quality products.
    So, you're looking for advice on your first AR...
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links