I finally gave up and bought one.

This is a discussion on I finally gave up and bought one. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well this old Marine finally bought an AR rifle. Had thought about buying one for a while and had seen a couple of nice ones ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By TX expat

Thread: I finally gave up and bought one.

Well this old Marine finally bought an AR rifle. Had thought about buying one for a while and had seen a couple of nice ones in the shops. They were all over a thousand dollars and I wanted one in 6.8 SPC. After Fridays incident and listening to the news, Sat. I went in to the gun shop and they had a Windham for $800 and change. It came home with me.They are made by former Bushmaster people. Well it is .223/5.56. Life time warranty.
    Was impressed with the rifle. Workmanship is good. Can't wait to zero it in and shoot it. It will be cheaper than .30 ammo. I figure I can get an upper in 6.8 SPC down the road.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

NMB
    Welcome to the club. My next suggestion would be a nice red dot, they work wonders, especially for older eyes.

oh, and thanks for your service!
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Just in time to turn it in!

But really, congrats. Post pictures or it didn't happen.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Post pictures or it didn't happen.
    I say - IT HAPPENED! If you can't trust a U.S. Marine, you can't trust...anybody. Semper fi & well done!
    Last edited by ghost tracker; December 16th, 2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: semi-fixed my poor spelling. Whoops!
    scgunlover1 and KBSR like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I say - IT HAPPENED! If you can't rust a U.S. Marine, you can't trust...anybody. Semper fi & well done!
    but you can't rust a U.S. Marine; they just don't rust up like that foreign junk!
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    but you can't rust a U.S. Marine; they just don't rust up like that foreign junk!
    Old Marines never die. They just...erode away.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Broke down and got one myself. They were out of Windhams, the place was packed, what they have left was an M&P 15 Optioc. for 20 less then one eqiupped with all magpul furniture and an iron site. I picked up the Optic.

Not so much becuase of what happend Friday, Im already fairly well equipped otherwise. but moreso because of the frenzy happening now. Im really not happy about the prices because of the clamor and frenzy. Ive held off for 2.5 years. Figured this is as good a time as any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Old Marines never die. They just...erode away.
    Old Marines never die....unless they get eaten by squids. ; )

Links