Should Betty buy a Beta-C mag for her new AR?

This is a discussion on Should Betty buy a Beta-C mag for her new AR? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; [list=A][*]Absolutely, just because you CAN! Make those liberals wet their beds.[*]Yes! The Dawn Of The Dead scenario just might happen.[*]That will make your rifle weigh ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Betty buy a Beta-C mag for her new AR?

VIP Member

[list=A][*]Absolutely, just because you CAN! Make those liberals wet their beds.[*]Yes! The Dawn Of The Dead scenario just might happen.[*]That will make your rifle weigh more than you. Spend your money on 30-rounders, silly girl.[*]No way - didn\'t you hear those things are junk?![*]What the heck is a Beta-C?[/list=A]

Well, crud. I wanted a poll, not a list, d\'oh! Please stand by for technical difficulties..... Oh, nevermind. This will do. Comments?

B

mmmmmmmmmm beta c mag!!!!

of course you cant just get one. you must get at least 4. that way, you easily have spent more on mags than you have on the gun. and you dont waste all that space of having 15 30 rounders.

wild west guns had a display su-16 with the beta c mag and a trijicon. the rifle cost less than those two accessories! and wouldnt you know it, someone bought it! saw it at the range few weeks ago.

but of course, if anything, that beta c comes in useful if you know anyone with a selectfire ar or m4.

no Betty should\'nt buy a Beta c mag

She should buy 2 :D

Sorry Betty, I have to go with E. I don\'t know what those are. I\'m an AK man.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Betty
    [list=A][*]Absolutely, just because you CAN! Make those liberals wet their beds.[/list=A]
    I wanna see them wet their beds :kay:

If this is what you want.

Then I would pick letter a. Get two if you can, the web site says the magazine can stay loaded for ever. Never know when 200 rounds of 5.56 MM could come in handy.

I f you want it, have te money, then go for it. Could ya snag me some CZ mags too????:O:P

My vote would be C. Betas in combat have not faired well according to the recent reports I have read. They don\'t like dirt, and are prone to crack when dropped. Other than the \"cool factor\", they are pretty useless even with FA.

A & B for sure!:D

VIP Member

I like the cool factor and making the antis wet their beds...

but aside from that I\'d rather carry 30 rounders. For the money wouldn\'t you come out ahead buying 30 rd mags instead?

Then again there is the cool factor.

Yes! The Dawn Of The Dead scenario just might happen. :kay:Everyone should have atleast one..

VIP Member
    I\'ve called RGuns and Quantico Arms so far, and they\'re both out of 20 and 30 round mags. They had the USGI 30 rounders priced at $15-16.

Originally posted by Betty
    I\'ve called RGuns and Quantico Arms so far, and they\'re both out of 20 and 30 round mags. They had the USGI 30 rounders priced at $15-16.
    You might try Tapco. They will prob be BO but the mags are worth the wait. Brownells is currently selling 30rd mags and have heard some mostly positive things about them.

You can get how many new 30s for the price of a C-mag? Ten to twelve? And youll have more ammo loaded up in case SHTF. Thats 300 to 360 rounds or more (if you buy used mags) on tap, ready to go. Hell, if you got the used $10 Orlite mags from CDNN thats 24 30s, 720 rounds! I\'ve heard the same things about the the C-mags cracking when dropped and not getting along with dirt. I\'ve also heard they dont feed reliably during rapid fire, much less FA. They add too much weight and bulk.

I have an L drum for my thompson, and its a PITA. I rarely use it. Its a PITA to load with ammo, a PITA to get it on the gun, and a huge PITA to take off when its empty. It rattles when loaded. With a horizontal for-end instead of the front pistol grip, I dont know if I could hold it comfortably. I would buy another for the \"cool factor\" if I couldnt buy 16 or so 30 round sticks for the same price and have 430 more rounds ready to go.

I\'ll have to pick A. I\'m thinking about getting a C-mag for my AR15 when funds allow, just because I can. But in the case of B, I\'m grabbing my 20s and 30s.

edit: I jsut checked the CDNN website, those $10 mags I got a while back are now seven bucks each...

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    I had a chance to buy one several years ago, and passed on the deal.

I look at this component from two angles; that being \"the practical\" and the \"toy.\" And I know Betty well enough to know the small, evil confines of her heart!

As a gizmo, yeah it\'s cool. As a useful tool, I think it really has value only for a full-auto, very much like the current model of the SAW rifle.

I have several high caps. If one is damaged, I have many replacements. Let\'s face it, if you\'re slinging that many bullets, things are really in the dumper.

The double-snail \'magazine'might get damaged or bent during the fray, even jammed into the rifle making extraction impossible. A varmint rifle keeping the enemy at bay might have more value.

However, that being said, toys are fun. I like toys. If the system works and you have the money, then go for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links