Magpul Magazines?

This is a discussion on Magpul Magazines? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can anyone tell me the difference between these two magazines? Is the MOE lower in quality? Magpul PMAG 30 Polymer 30 Round AR-15 Magazine 5.56 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Magpul Magazines?

Magpul Magazines?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

The second gen magpuls have a window and a halfway functioning round counter.

They both say Gen 2 in the description...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    They both say Gen 2 in the description...
    but only one has a window :)

Quote Originally Posted by Inter9 View Post
    but only one has a window :)
    LOL. My confusion was due to the fact that the window version was 1/2 the price of the non-window version. :)

Magpul PMAG AR-15 Magazine .223 Rem/5.56 NATO 30 Rounds Black Polymer 40518

They are showing at 15 for the other. maybe cause they have none in stock, or just 1 warehouse so they are putting them up for more $? Idk. lol

Both hold 30 rounds. I'd get the cheaper ones.

Austin

Cheaper than Dirt raise their price on pmags to 29.99 today, LOL!

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    The fact that they did that really bothers me...... I won't be giving them my business for quite some time. I feel like its opportunistic and takes advantage of shooters. Yeah yeah, I know... free market, supply/demand so definitely more power to them, but I'd rather spend my money with other companies (DSG arms, Brownells, Midway, ETC) that don't TRIPLE the price of their magazines due to the current political and social atmosphere.

Just my opinion of course,
    Clay

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Grab the gen 2 mags. The gen 3 have some up grades but the gen 2 will serve you well
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Don't know, but I bought 5 of these a couple of weeks ago for $10.92 each from them.

Magpul Gen 2 MOE PMAG AR-15 Magazine .223 Rem/5.56 NATO 30 Rounds Black Polymer MAG571-BLK

I see no difference from the other Magpul mags I have that cost 2-3 times that much.

Just have the two sitting side by side. They are identical. Even the NSN number 1005-576-5159 is the same. Only difference is, the new ones ($10.92) have a "M3" stamped while the others have "M7" stamped. Other than that they are identical.

I just saw that Cheaper Than Dirt raised their price while browsing for magazines! I have always thought their name was a misnomer anyway! I've always found stuff cheaper at other places! Their "price gouging" currently just ensures that I won't be buying from them!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I'm confused. Is this for Gen2 or Gen3 mags? They talk about both in the ad. I don't know anything about Gen3 mags. I know they're supposed to be more but I don't know what they're supposed to typically sale for, et.c

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I'm confused. Is this for Gen2 or Gen3 mags? They talk about both in the ad. I don't know anything about Gen3 mags. I know they're supposed to be more but I don't know what they're supposed to typically sale for, et.c
    - When I was looking for AR15 mags today, I didn't see anyone with Gen3 in stock. All were Pre-Order.

Brownells still has AR15/M4 mags in stock. I just ordered 4 more. Be sure to check the home page for the promotion codes! I used one that I saw posted here - DV2 - and it did NOT work! I ended up paying for shipping. Later, I found the code on their home page, and it was listed as DV3! Good until 2359 tonite for free shipping on orders over $50 - which mine was. Not checking out their home page cost me an extra $13 and change in shipping costs.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links