GO VOTE: ‘ED Show’ poll: Do you consider the Bushmaster .223 an assault weapon? - Page 3

GO VOTE: ‘ED Show’ poll: Do you consider the Bushmaster .223 an assault weapon?

This is a discussion on GO VOTE: ‘ED Show’ poll: Do you consider the Bushmaster .223 an assault weapon? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the true Chicago and ACORN fashion I have voted multiple times, I do wonder if they think my comments may be a little harsh. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: GO VOTE: ‘ED Show’ poll: Do you consider the Bushmaster .223 an assault weapon?

VIP Member
    In the true Chicago and ACORN fashion I have voted multiple times, I do wonder if they think my comments may be a little harsh.

NO it is a SEMI-AUTOMATIC rifle that causes liberals and anti-self defense activists to lose bladder and bowel control at the mere sight of one. A true assault rifle is capable of both semi-automatic and full-automatic fire and is heavily regulated by the ATF and requires their blessings and tax stamp to own one.
    mprp, Jeanlouise, ruger91 and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Do you CONSIDER it to be an assault rifle?" Consider? Is this a poll to determine whether or not it is or isn't an assault rifle? Wow. I thought there was a definition of an assault rifle. N'er mind. I've seen their journalist's guide to firearms. Silly me. I wonder what the poll results would look like right now if it were a pink one.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    66%=====No not an assault rifle, 34%=======yes it is an assault rifle. I doubt that Ed will mention the results on his show.
    ruger91 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

i think if gun control was passed it would just give criminals the upper hand. they always have and always will be able to aqcuire illegal weapons, that just leaves those who will follow the laws defenseless. my .02
    Jeanlouise and scgunlover1 like this.
    ruger91

NRA member

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Is this what everyone is taking about? A salt weapons?

original.jpg

gunprice3.jpg

Just voted, no was 2/3rds of the votes. Keep voting !
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

68.25% = no
    31.75% = yes

Austin

I couldn't vote. There was nothing for me to select other than read a totally bogus short description of an AR-15.

The rifle in the picture looks like an M4. It has an extendable shoulder stock. Differences in accessories and barrel length distinguishes between the AR15, M16, and M4 models. This one has gas ejection from the barrel to load the next round. The new design has a small cylinder and piston to transmit a force on a pushrod that travels along the barrel to the lower, or receiver, for said round loading. I'm going for my Federal Firearms License. I'm studying the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide 2005, and the ATF National Firearms Act Handbook. I'm going to try to get some stripped lowers (receivers) on sale on an 11'th hour deal before they are made illegal to grandfather in the serial numbers.

The above is a comment on that site. A potential FFL thinks the only difference between AR, M16,M4,is accessories and barrel length?nothing about automatic, selective, semi fire?
    Last edited by mulle46; December 19th, 2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Clarification
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    The rifle in the picture looks like an M4. It has an extendable shoulder stock. Differences in accessories and barrel length distinguishes between the AR15, M16, and M4 models. This one has gas ejection from the barrel to load the next round. The new design has a small cylinder and piston to transmit a force on a pushrod that travels along the barrel to the lower, or receiver, for said round loading. I'm going for my Federal Firearms License. I'm studying the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide 2005, and the ATF National Firearms Act Handbook. I'm going to try to get some stripped lowers (receivers) on sale on an 11'th hour deal before they are made illegal to grandfather in the serial numbers.This is a comment on that site. A potential FFL thinks the only difference between AR, M16,M4,is accessories and barrel length?nothing about automatic, selective, semi fire?
    You scared me! I had just read that ridiculous comment and when I started reading yours I thought "Oh no.... this guy is a DC member, he should know better!", Luckily you were just commenting on it.

I also like that he talks about the "new ones" and I like how this comment really adds no value to the conversation from either point of view.

-Clay

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    You scared me! I had just read that ridiculous comment and when I started reading yours I thought "Oh no.... this guy is a DC member, he should know better!", Luckily you were just commenting on it.

I also like that he talks about the "new ones" and I like how this comment really adds no value to the conversation from either point of view.

-Clay
    my mistake, I should have separated my comments from the copy in a better way. :)
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes 31.97% (3,224 votes)

No 68.03% (6,859 votes)

I voted 4 times

I voted and 68% agree with me.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by lokin4deer View Post
    I voted 4 times
    That's very Liberal Democratic of you
    lokin4deer likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

After the AWB of 1994 I had to explain to one of our Illinois State Representatives that the Ruger Mini-14 WAS NOT A FREAKING ASSAULT RIFLE. She voted for the AWB of 1994 and had no clue what she voted to ban......so don't get your hopes up that the current onslaught against the evil black rifles will be any different. If Joe the Joke Biden says its an Assault Rifle, you can bet the media and everyone else will call it an assault rifle.

for your non gun friends....give them an education:

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assault rifle
    From Wikipedia

Definition
    The term assault rifle is a translation of the German word Sturmgewehr (literally "storm rifle", as in "to storm a position"). The name was coined by Adolf Hitler[3] as a new name for the Maschinenpistole 43,[nb 1] subsequently known as the Sturmgewehr 44, the firearm generally considered the first assault rifle that served to popularise the concept and form the basis for today's modern assault rifles.

The translation assault rifle gradually became the common term for similar firearms sharing the same technical definition as the StG 44. In a strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[4][5][6]

It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);
    It must be capable of selective fire;
    It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
    Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable magazine rather than a feed-belt.
    And it should at least have a firing range of 300 meters (1000 feet)
    Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are technically not assault rifles despite frequently being considered as such. For example, semi-automatic-only rifles like the AR-15 (which the M16 rifle is based on) that share designs with assault rifles are not assault rifles, as they are not capable of switching to automatic fire and thus are not selective fire capable. Belt-fed weapons or rifles with fixed magazines are likewise not assault rifles because they do not have detachable box magazines.

The term "assault rifle" is often more loosely used for commercial or political reasons to include other types of arms, particularly arms that fall under a strict definition of the battle rifle, or semi-automatic variant of military rifles such as AR-15s.

The US Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."[7]

Assault rifles vs. Assault weapons
    In United States politics and law, an assault weapon is a variety of semi-automatic firearms that have certain features generally associated with military firearms, including assault rifles. The 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which expired on September 13, 2004, codified the definition of an assault weapon. It defined the rifle type of assault weapon as a semiautomatic firearm with the ability to accept a detachable magazine and two or more of the following:

a folding or telescoping stock
    a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon
    a bayonet mount
    a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor
    a grenade launcher
    The assault weapons ban did not restrict weapons capable of fully automatic fire, such as assault rifles and machine guns, which have been continuously and heavily regulated since the National Firearms Act of 1934 was passed. Subsequent laws such as the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 also affected the importation and civilian ownership of fully automatic firearms, the latter fully prohibiting sales of newly manufactured machine guns to non-law enforcement or SOT (special occupational taxpayer) dealers.[8]
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links